Mercedes B180

psyhodelfin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180/2005/2.0 CDi
Hi,
I can't open my boot. It just not reacting when Im pressing button. There is no option for key :(. Any advise please. Double pushchair inside and I cant take it out becasue of this.
Yestrday I did put som WD40 as wasnt opening each time so I was thinking that this will help but it didnt. It made it worse and now I cant open. I can't hear any movment when locking/unlocking central lock.
Help please.
Thanks

OP
P

psyhodelfin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180/2005/2.0 CDi
Load cover?? Do you mean this bit which slide on and off to cove what is inside boot? I wanted to check fuse but there is no in description clue (linke) to or central locking or boot etc. I've pull out this whle mechnism but can't see nothing . I know that some electric going in abecasue boot light comes on and of when I manualy lock or unlock this mechanism

OP
P

psyhodelfin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180/2005/2.0 CDi
i did but dont know which is frm boot.There is no cleare descrition in this chart

A

andy@pcd-ltd

More than likely the washer jet pipe has come off and filled the handle with water and corroded it

It is a very common problem on both the A and B class

Kyliewww

Reaction score
Website
www.dead-ringer.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Astra 'H' CDTi; '89 MK2 Orion 'Ghia'
There is a removable cover at the top of the boot. It simply pulls off. Once removed, you can them remove the unlocking button by removing the nuts that hold on the number plate light panel; Undo them and push it out (IRRC). You may well find that due to MB not sealing this strip very well, water gets in and the switch turns green and won't work. The rear washer pipe also falls off and causes the same problem.

I had the same problem, cleaned the switch, made a good seal and put everything back together. It's been good for the past year.

OP
P

psyhodelfin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B180/2005/2.0 CDi
Well...too late, £179 for MB, new whole switch plus making sure that this ****y pipe will not leak anymore.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom