Mercedes-Benz Dealer Reviews.. Have a look!

Cardinal Biggles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 (09) W219; C220D (07) W204
Just to add one more....

Can anyone here tell me the difference between MB Leicester servicing and a bucket of sh*t?...........................

Or how you can tell if they are lying to you about the top class work they have done on your car?...........

Answers on a postcard please, or add them below!!! ;)

pipmk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350cdi Sport cabriolet
Just to add one more....

Can anyone here tell me the difference between MB Leicester servicing and a bucket of sh*t?...........................

Or how you can tell if they are lying to you about the top class work they have done on your car?...........

It's easy to tell if they are lying,their lips move

OP
MERCSPORT

MERCSPORT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 CLS 350 CDI Grand Edition
Just to add one more....

Would you care to share how your experience went with them?

drmsa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 BlueEfficiency 125 Sport 2011
Hi there, I have very recently joined your website as I have recently purchased Mercedes W204 (facelift) 2011 C180 Sport Saloon from MBDirect Hemel Hempstead.
My sales consultant was Patrick. I initially picked up w204 pre-facelift version C200 CDI from them but it was making a continuous rattling noise from the glove compartment. I took it back to them within 2 days of purchasing it which they tried to fix but the problem persisted.
Finally I decided to change the car as I was not pleased and they were very helpful. I am very pleased with my new purchase and have to give credit to their team, particularly Patrick.

Has anyone used Watford MB for service? Any good or bad experiences?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi there, I have very recently joined your website as I have recently purchased Mercedes W204 (facelift) 2011 C180 Sport Saloon from MBDirect Hemel Hempstead.
My sales consultant was Patrick. I initially picked up w204 pre-facelift version C200 CDI from them but it was making a continuous rattling noise from the glove compartment. I took it back to them within 2 days of purchasing it which they tried to fix but the problem persisted.
Finally I decided to change the car as I was not pleased and they were very helpful. I am very pleased with my new purchase and have to give credit to their team, particularly Patrick.

Has anyone used Watford MB for service? Any good or bad experiences?

Hello and welcome, pleased that MB direct changed the car, as for Watford MB, many do not like them, and I know a few that will not go near them.

OP
MERCSPORT

MERCSPORT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have recently purchased Mercedes W204 (facelift) 2011 C180 Sport Saloon from MBDirect Hemel Hempstead.
I initially picked up w204 pre-facelift version C200 CDI

How would you describe the difference between the two cars (C180 and C200 CDI)

OP
MERCSPORT

MERCSPORT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hello and welcome, pleased that MB direct changed the car, as for Watford MB, many do not like them, and I know a few that will not go near them.

Why is that??

Liney

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cls63/08
MB Cheltenham and Gloucester

Just thought I would add details of my recent experience of a MB main dealer.

I'd decided to treat myself to a new toy and was in the market for a cls amg, trawling through the usual ad sites I noticed one advertised @ MB C&G with nice colour and spec, sensible price and MB warranty. I phoned up and dealt with Dom from used cars and found him very polite and patient with no sense of the 'pushy salesman' syndrome. We agreed a deal in principal that suited us both and I placed a deposit over the phone.

Upon seeing/collecting the car for the first time I was very satisfied with the car and the level of service from Dominic.

Would happily recommend the dealership.

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
As previously said on many occasions by me and others - MB Harrogate are excellent. Sales, service and parts. When I last changed my car I strongly considered other marques - my experience of the dealership was the critical factor in deciding to stay with MB.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
I have no issues with my local MB dealer as I don't really use them on account of the £135 per hour labour rate and their insistence on quoting the rate LESS VAT until you ask "does that include VAT?" " no sir you need to add 20%" do I really:shock:

Just to add that I have not heard of any negative comments about them either.

Mind you they are in line with just about all other trades on the VAT issue in particular Builders, Plumbers and Sparks such practice really hacks me off:mad:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why is that??

They just do not seem to solve many problem that cars have gone in for, or they might have changed as most are only as good as their staff.

drmsa

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C180 BlueEfficiency 125 Sport 2011
How would you describe the difference between the two cars (C180 and C200 CDI)

To be very honest, they are a class apart! I personally cannot believe its the same manufacturer!

The C200 CDI SE (Registered Feb 2011 - done 12K miles) was very noisy, interiors very plasticky, sat nav - very poor (although had COMMAND), bluetooth telephone - could not access the phonebook (from mobile), etc etc.

The C190 EFI Sport (Registered March 2011 - done 11K miles) feels, looks and drives like a German car (I have owned BMW, VW and Audis in the past). Everything about it so refined - the interiors (although do not have Command, I prefer the Sat nav of Becker), Phone book all configured direct from phone, music wirelessly via bluetooth from your phone, etc. The quality of build in everything feels very different.

I am so pleased I did the swap! I honestly should have driven the new Face-lift version before driving the old one, but I did not and was very fortunate to have trouble with a persistent noise from the glove compartment which the dealership was not able to sort out for me.

I was driving a Jag XF Premium Luxury version before this, which I had nearly for 20 months, but got rid of it as it was giving me a lot of problems and I wanted to downsize a bit. When I initially sat in the C200 CDI, I regretted every minute of it, however it completely changed when I sat in the C190 EFI!

Winslow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 SE executive 2012
Just for a bit of balance, i'be been using MB Taunton for over 5 years and they are really helpful and friendly. If thinks go wrong [ intractable leak on injector on a 97 C class]which they have done on occasion they do put it right without me having to argue. Would certainly recommend them.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just for a bit of balance, i'be been using MB Taunton for over 5 years and they are really helpful and friendly. If thinks go wrong [ intractable leak on injector on a 97 C class]which they have done on occasion they do put it right without me having to argue. Would certainly recommend them.

No complaints with MB SW a nicely run outfit

Cardinal Biggles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have no issues with my local MB dealer as I don't really use them on account of the £135 per hour labour rate and their insistence on quoting the rate LESS VAT until you ask "does that include VAT?" " no sir you need to add 20%" do I really:shock:

Just to add that I have not heard of any negative comments about them either.

Mind you they are in line with just about all other trades on the VAT issue in particular Builders, Plumbers and Sparks such practice really hacks me off:mad:

An easy way to pad the bill.

Try changing your question to "Does include my usual 20% discount?". That will shut em up and may remove the VAT element!

Cardinal Biggles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
My own J D Power input!

MB Bath: outstanding.
MB Chester: OK, but charge like the Heavy Brigade at Balaklava.....
MB Leicester: Never again. Total rubbish service quality, overpriced, seems to be staffed by total W*nk*rs. I was glad when my warranty period ended!
MB Northampton: Very Good, used them a lot
MB Ipswich: Things have improved there during the last year, reasonable to good service quality, improved customer interaction, reasonable prices for area - and they discount if you ask. Will probably keep going there until they cock it up.
MB Southampton: popped in there on the way back from a cruise when a chunk got blasted out of my W204 Panorama roof by lorry kick back on motorway. They looked after me as best they could in a transit situation and fixed me up at no charge with gaffer tape to get me home without the glass glacis falling in on me. Nice guys and if I lived nearer I'd use them.

For sales, it's MB retail all the way for me. I wont pay the typical MB Salesmen to add little or no value to a sale, or to sit back and take in easy pickings with little or no work. I'd rather keep that money in my own pocket.

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
MB Southampton: popped in there on the way back from a cruise when a chunk got blasted out of my W204 Panorama roof by lorry kick back on motorway. They looked after me as best they could in a transit situation and fixed me up at no charge with gaffer tape to get me home without the glass glacis falling in on me. Nice guys and if I lived nearer I'd use them..

Interesting observation CB. Well done MB Southampton, but there are some active and well respected indies in that area.

Perhaps competition is good for them?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom