Mercedes-Benz E Class 3.0 E350 CDI Sport 2dr, ONLY 17,000 Miles!

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
350 CDi.jpg A friend has this car for sale at his garage and I went for a look yesterday. I was really impressed at how tight everything felt for a '59 plate, mind you with only 17K on it I shouldn't be surprised. My friend is a bit of a Mercedes nut and told me that if it had been a cabriolet, it would have gone straight into his private collection.
The only thing I didn't like about it was the previous owner had powder coated the wheels black and put on rim protectors.
The previous owner of my current car had, had them fitted prior to my purchase and I couldn't believe the damage that they caused due to water retention. The rims had to be refurbed before I would buy the car, they had bubbled and pitted, the shocking thing was that, that car had only done 9K at that point, it was a mess.
I understand the desire to protect the rims but in my humble opinion these things are a total waste of time. They look awful and only do their job if you don't take the car out in the rain.
My OCD about detailing is showing, but if you look after them, they look after you I've found. :D
It's just a pity that this car has come along so early, as I'm not quite yet, ready to buy. It's immaculate, and personally, I think changing the wheels back to silver, remove the rim protectors and a set of MB O.E. mudflaps and it would look perfect.
No doubt when I am ready I'll only be able to find starship mileage ones for this price. :(
Oh well, good things come to he who waits, allegedly! I had wanted a red one really.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Blimey that is low mileage.

Superb looking car and wheels are easy to sort, mine has diamond cut wheels that look beautiful but need caring for.

What price is being asked? Maybe a forum member will be interested.

Robin

CJD

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 AMG Line, Premium Plus, S205 Estate, 2018
I t looks like a nice car, the price in the windscreen looks like £13999, big money for a 59 plate, even if with only 17K miles - and awful wheels.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Bit strong indeed, nice car though!
I don’t mind the black wheels so much but I’d change the rim protectors for Black or just take them off

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
As John says, very strong price for a 8.5yr old car. If that was a couple of £k lower it would be a nice motor for someone with practically a new engine still in it. Not even run in yet at that mileage.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Auto trader has got a lot of nice E350cdi's in the 12k bracket all with under 50k miles . I'd be tempted if I didn't nearly have one in the form of an E320cdi :D

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
Bearing in mind the car needs all four wheels refurbishing to original spec at circa £600 the windscreen price is very strong

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Well.....................who ever pays the screen price ??

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
MOT expired seven months ago and it has done less miles ,as stated, in the advert than what was showing at the MOT in August 2016 ?

May be worth clarifying the above with the seller if any potential purchasers are interested.

Kenny

Last edited:
OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MOT expired seven months ago and it has done less miles ,as stated, in the advert than what was showing at the MOT in August 2016 ?

May be worth clarifying the above with the seller if any potential purchasers are interested.

Kenny

I have just checked the Gov website on the MOT history and the last indicated mileage was 17,504 on August 10th 2016.

The mileage in the advert shows 17,817. Ok, it has only travelled some 313 miles in between times but the Gov site does confirm SORN since last MOT expiry.

I'm terribly glad I did not accuse my friend of any wrong doing as, your statement is inaccurate sir.

The previous owner, as it was explained to me, only used the car for "high days and holidays". So, it is entirely possible, indeed probable, that the mileage is correct.

My friend, due to my interest, has said that he would refurbish the alloys in the correct bright silver, no doubt intending to tempt me into the sale. However, after some of the previous comments, I will check out the cars on Auto Trader and compare like for like and further my education on all things Mercedes E 350 CDi before making any binding decision.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Bearing in mind the car needs all four wheels refurbishing to original spec at circa £600

Should be around £300 - 400 to powdercoat them in silver, diamond cutting them would be a total waste of time.

KennyN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 440i, Cayenne, ZX12r / ZRX11 / ZRX Monoshock
The mileage in the advert shows 17,817. Ok, it has only travelled some 313 miles in between times but the Gov site does confirm SORN since last MOT expiry.

I'm terribly glad I did not accuse my friend of any wrong doing as, your statement is inaccurate sir..

I was not suggesting that there was anything untoward going on but the mileage in the AT advert heading states "just 17000 miles from new"

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...rtising-location=at_cars&model=E CLASS&page=1

I was merely pointing out that the adverts heading lists less miles than what was on the car in Aug 16 and that may seem odd to some potential purchasers if they checked the DVLA website, although the pic of the dash in the advert does show the extra miles.

Apologies if i implied that anything sinister was afoot.

Kenny

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
Oh well, good things come to he who waits, allegedly! I had wanted a red one really.

Red do look nice but too many have the blister problem.
If you go for a red one check the paint carefully for blistering or a recent paint job.

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I was not suggesting that there was anything untoward going on but the mileage in the AT advert heading states "just 17000 miles from new"

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803154590733?aggregatedTrim=E350 CDI&body-type=Coupe&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&postcode=pa13bn&radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=distance&advertising-location=at_cars&model=E CLASS&page=1

I was merely pointing out that the adverts heading lists less miles than what was on the car in Aug 16 and that may seem odd to some potential purchasers if they checked the DVLA website, although the pic of the dash in the advert does show the extra miles.

Apologies if i implied that anything sinister was afoot.

Kenny

Apology accepted sir and one returned, I wrote 17000 miles on my heading and then promptly forgot about it. :oops: I know, what a daftie :D

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Should be around £300 - 400 to powdercoat them in silver, diamond cutting them would be a total waste of time.

Agreed! Plus I'm not that fond of diamond cutting either, I know I'm a right fussy beggar :D I blame the OCD myself.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score

Yep, our climate isn’t ideal for diamond cut wheels due to our winters but ok in the summer especially if you run winter wheels as I do, will put mine back on in April

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Red do look nice but too many have the blister problem.
If you go for a red one check the paint carefully for blistering or a recent paint job.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware the MB had issues with their red paint, mind if you'd said VW. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Looks like a nice buy at £12500 ish with its low miles

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Someone has done a right hash of the exhausts on that car. That and the alloys shows a lot about the previous owner’s taste for cars. A bit need for speed underground if you ask me hahaha

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom