Mercedes Benz Ownership

charlfourie

Reaction score
Website
www.anotherphotographer.co.za
Your Mercedes
1979 Mercedes Benz 250
I thought now would be a good time to update on my first MB ownership experience.

I have had my 230E now for exactly 42 days and I have clocked up 2500km in this time. Problems... nothing... the car has not needed a single drop of any fluid. Every week I check all the levels for the gearbox, suspension and engine, just to be safe.

Fuel economy has been pretty good, I have been getting an average of about 33mpg. Well I rate it as pretty good, what do you guys think?

The one air vent was broken slightly so I replaced it. I had some custom black plush carpets made to fit the car. Just to keep the original rubber mats in perfect nick.

Tyres are still good, will replace the front tyres in about 3 months, and I will be sticking with my Bridgestone Turanza. They are quiet enough, and have been offering good grip in all conditions.

Haven't found a good condition Becker replacement headunit yet locally, but I keep my eyes open. Front speakers have been replaced, and the rear speakers will need a swap soon also.

I have washed my car at least once a week since having her, which has given me loads of time inspecting all the smaller details, and looking out for rust. And nothing anywhere.

My first service will be coming up at 240,000km and I have source a local indy well known for their work on MB's.

So this was just for anyone who could have been interested. :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Your feelings towards the car will last a long time, its always nice to have happy post and they are getting more common now, and that cant be bad

OP
charlfourie

charlfourie

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
1979 Mercedes Benz 250
And I think it time to update everyone again.
Yes I know I have been a little absent here on the forums, my apologies for that.

So as of today I have had 130 days of Benz ownership and it has been very blissfull.
Sitting in Port Elizabeth now busy on a project.

My w124 is now sitting on 238707km, new tyres on, serviced and still looking at a head unit option. Keeping my eyes open for a Becker frontloader with CD changer option.

So no problems, and every day I love my car more and more.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
And I think it time to update everyone again.
Yes I know I have been a little absent here on the forums, my apologies for that.

So as of today I have had 130 days of Benz ownership and it has been very blissfull.
Sitting in Port Elizabeth now busy on a project.

My w124 is now sitting on 238707km, new tyres on, serviced and still looking at a head unit option. Keeping my eyes open for a Becker frontloader with CD changer option.

So no problems, and every day I love my car more and more.

I have been away from my SL for 2 weeks, and it was a joy to take it out today, I felt the same about my 124, sure they can be painful at times but most of them are not

OP
charlfourie

charlfourie

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
1979 Mercedes Benz 250
And today I gave my car a good cleaning, valet and polish. For the 550 mile trip back to Cape Town, a clean car always helps make the trip really easy.

And luckily I can add that I have not add any issues with my car.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom