Mercedes c180 acceleration difficulty

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
<yawn>

Would that bring value to your evening? We'll let the OP have a go and see shall we......

Just like the other 100 or so members that I have given this information to, and he will be another happy man :D:D

please tell us how the duo valve can have any bearing on this fault

Last edited:

NW_Merc

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes W202
Just like the other 100 or so members that I have given this information to, and he will be another happy man :D:D

please tell us how the duo valve can have any bearing on this fault

Why? Malcolm dont you know? Well Malcolm we'd better ask someone trained in that department then, an indy perhaps? Someone who actually works on the cars day in day out would be your first port of call....... HTH

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why? Malcolm dont you know? Well Malcolm we'd better ask someone trained in that department then, an indy perhaps? Someone who actually works on the cars day in day out would be your first port of call....... HTH

Thats a pathetic answer :D I know and I have been thanked more times than I can remember on this one :D:D.

You must have some reason for say the duo valve is keeping the fan motor running. I will give you a clue, there are 3 parts to it all.

You say someone trained, well thats me :D:D been doing electrics since 1948 :D

OP
G

Gregv2701

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes C180 Esprit 1997 1.8 petrol manual
Thats a pathetic answer :D I know and I have been thanked more times than I can remember on this one :D:D.

You must have some reason for say the duo valve is keeping the fan motor running. I will give you a clue, there are 3 parts to it all.

You say someone trained, well thats me :D:D been doing electrics since 1948 :D

Hi NW_Merc

Hate to say it.. Tried the duo valve.. Doesn't seem to be sticking. Will look again anyway!

In the mean time television could you send the diagram for the short circuit to greg . vaughan @ hot mail . co . uk (minus the spaces of course!)

I really am an amateur, so can you enclose literally as many details as possible!!

Thanks again both, and sorry for causing a tiff!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi NW_Merc

Hate to say it.. Tried the duo valve.. Doesn't seem to be sticking. Will look again anyway!

In the mean time television could you send the diagram for the short circuit to greg . vaughan @ hot mail . co . uk (minus the spaces of course!)

I really am an amateur, so can you enclose literally as many details as possible!!

Thanks again both, and sorry for causing a tiff!

The very sad thing is that you have done no wrong. NW merc just hates me and he does not care who he upsets, he further more does not care about the forum at all.

To have you messing around with the duo valve for a fan circuit was very rotten on him.

The actual diagram is here, the reg pack is the third one up on the right with the 3 connections.

I will send the instructions on how to remove it. do remove the 15 amp fuse first.

I have Emailed the fitting instructions, when you have it all pout do check for any water in the box as it is this that blows the reg pack

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom