Mercedes CLC 2.2 220 CDi Sport Coupe Auto

Shanukes

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 118 M SPORT
Hello there, id like some advice, i currently own a BMW 118D M Sport and thinking of getting a Mercedes CLC 2.2 220 CDi Sport Coupe Auto. Can i get some information about this car please? Pros? Cons? What to look out for? Power Figures? etc

Any current owners of this car care to review

Many thanks

Shane :)

obduro

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL55
I test drove a CLC a few years ago, the same model you are looking at, and found it to be a good all rounder. Only down side is the lack of a rear view, however I think they are fitted with parktronic by default and most coupes have a small rear view.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Don't have the Deisel, mine's a 200 Kompressor petrol and I love it!
Not as economical as the oil burner but smoother and as it only does 7000 miles a year suits me better.
Don't find the rear view (lack of) a problem as parktronic is great! Gearbox is a peach.
As with most 2 door coupe's getting in and out of the rear seats is a struggle as the "easy entry" seats only work when they are back far enough leaving the rear passengers less room?

Clkrichard

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 Cabriolet 2004, R 230 SL 500 2005, new A class AMG Sport.
Had one from new for 3 years until Feb.
Comfortable, totally reliable, pretty economical and reasonably practical for a coupe . Yes acess to the rear is a bit restricted but its not a saloon. The boot is a decent size. The seats are very comfortable over long distances.
Try to find one with bi xenons as they are much better lights.
Servicing costs arent excessive.
Handling is quite sporty for a car of its type. Flappy paddle gears are fine.
We replaced it with a new A Class AMG sport 2litre diesel manual which seems a slightly better car.
Go for the CLC !

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Good point about the lights. Mine are standard and on dip beam are far too low and don't seem to be able to be adjusted up any more. Full beam is good.
Yes seats are comfy.
I've got the panoramic roof and wouldn't consider one without that!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom