mercedes clk radio code problem

allforfun

Reaction score
went to change my standard mercedes clk cd player for a jvc one and now i have got nothing its now asking for a code to put my old unit back in model number MF2910 SERIAL NUMBER al291010210368 this is the first time i have ever had a problem by putting an ordinary cd player in as its still asking for a code so i will just put the merc one back in and put up with it anyone help me find the code.

OP
A

allforfun

Reaction score
or how could i fit the jvc cd player ? and get round the code its asking for ?

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
You can get the code cleared by a stereo repair shop, or ask your dealer for the code. They should be able to supply it, given your chassis number.
There should be no problem putting the JVC in place, though you will lose the wheel controls and dash display.

OP
A

allforfun

Reaction score
when i put the working jvc in it does not work eject works but no power to supply and 5 lines come up on the dash any ideas ?

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
If the eject is working on the JVC unit then there is power to it, are you sure the JVC unit is ok?

OP
A

allforfun

Reaction score
yes that code works fine thanks the jvc is perfect in any other car bar this any ideas ?

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Your probably missing one of the 12V feeds car side, or possibly a blown fuse on the JVC loom maybe.

OP
A

allforfun

Reaction score
i have also tried another cd player i have here and its exactly the same eject works and nothing else will not power up and got 4 bars in the clock display on the dash

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
As Andy says, you've wired it up wrong.
MB stereos are wired into the canbus so they can talk to the dash but they also take their on and off commands via the canbus. There is no switched live. Most stereos have a constant live to run the memory and power the eject whilst the main power is run off a switched live. What have you wired the switched live feed into? Canbus wires perhaps?

david71

New Registration
Reaction score
hi can anyone help?
i need a code for an audio 10 cd
mf2910
al291010682784
cheers
dave

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Just ask your local MB dealership, they have all the details.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom