Mercedes Concours meet- Milton Keynes

steve 230k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Toyota MR2 Mk2 N/A
Thought I'd drop into work on a Saturday as you do and........found a car park full of lovely Mercedes cars.

I have attached links to a few models that really caught my eye.....although one model that I didn't get on camera that caught my eye was a stunning Ltd Edition SLK in a very deep dark metallic blue. It was amazing.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/stevenbgt4/2009_06270001.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/stevenbgt4/2009_06270002.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/stevenbgt4/2009_06270003.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/stevenbgt4/2009_06270004.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/stevenbgt4/2009_06270005.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/stevenbgt4/2009_06270006.jpg
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/stevenbgt4/2009_06270008.jpg

My Favourite
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/stevenbgt4/2009_06270007.jpg

This 190 SL was amazing.:cool:

Last edited:

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
quality photos :D worth working a saturday for :cool:

OP
S

steve 230k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Toyota MR2 Mk2 N/A
Sadly not....:lol:

I only do Mon-Fri anyway....but I was out for a drive with my Girlfriend in my MR2....and remembered the event was on....so I had to pop in before heading to a local MR2 meeting just down the road.:)

There were loads of other cars there.

The old 190E models with their wheel trims off, tool kits out and everything looking like it had just left the factory.....the display was astonishing really.

Plenty of old SL models too.
Such a lovely display. Much girlfriend isn't a car fan really so I couldn't stay long before we moved on. Otherwise I'd have got a picture of all the cars.
They even had a very old Luftwafa Truck there.:lol:

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Great day out, I did some judging on the day, some fantastic cars there...

jib

OP
S

steve 230k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Toyota MR2 Mk2 N/A
It was baking hot.......You must have fried alive being out judging all that time.....especially with your Judges outfits on...:shock:

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
It was baking hot.......You must have fried alive being out judging all that time.....especially with your Judges outfits on...:shock:

Tell me about it!!! ****** hot, 4 hours to judge 9 cars !!!!! and they wanted us to do some more.
jib

teabag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 W163 ML270 CDI
These Pics bring back memories of when I was an Apprentice mechanic maintaining a fleet of delivery vans; the MD of the company had a maroon 1966 280SL with colour matched wheeltrims containing a central 3 pointed star similar to those in the pictures.
He came into the company garage one day demanding that we try and fasten the trims to the wheels so that they did not spin under acceleration and braking; apparently every morning before he set off on his journey to work, he took the trouble of re-aligning the trims so the stars were all pointing in the same direction, when he got out of the car and looked at them at the end of the 4 mile journey he thought they all must be loose as they had moved on the rims.
Needless to say the problem remained until he sold the car and bought an E Type Jag with wire wheels.

Hmmm!!!!

OP
S

steve 230k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Toyota MR2 Mk2 N/A
lol...that sounds nice.

Which car won in the end by the way???

OP
S

steve 230k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Toyota MR2 Mk2 N/A
The 2008 masterclass winner was the Beige?? coloured 190 SL I took a piccy of in the links above.:)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 '60' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi Zetec (sorry)
some lovely looking motors there. i have to admit though, i dont get these concours things at all? surely the point of owning these cars is to enjoy them? how can you possibly enjoy a car you can never drive in case a fly gets squashed in your radiator, or the boot polish wears off the treads on your tyres? i know that to some people, their beauty is the enjoyment, but i cant understand why someone would have something so nice and never be seen with/in it except for driving it off a trailer at a show!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
some lovely looking motors there. i have to admit though, i dont get these concours things at all? surely the point of owning these cars is to enjoy them? how can you possibly enjoy a car you can never drive in case a fly gets squashed in your radiator, or the boot polish wears off the treads on your tyres? i know that to some people, their beauty is the enjoyment, but i cant understand why someone would have something so nice and never be seen with/in it except for driving it off a trailer at a show!

Do you know Pete that this morning looking at the pics I thought back to the days when I used to enter cars, then I came to my senses and thought what a waste of time that all was. Cars are for driving.

It reminded me of the guy who was caught driving at 10 mph on the motor way, the reason he gave was that he could not tighten up all of the nuts and bolts as that would damage the paint

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2010 '60' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi Zetec (sorry)
Do you know Pete that this morning looking at the pics I thought back to the days when I used to enter cars, then I came to my senses and thought what a waste of time that all was. Cars are for driving.

It reminded me of the guy who was caught driving at 10 mph on the motor way, the reason he gave was that he could not tighten up all of the nuts and bolts as that would damage the paint

precisely my point. i know that the guys who do it now arent as dangerously extreme as to drive a car with the nuts and bolts slack in case it harms the paint, but for the love of god, get a life and just get in and drive the damned things!!! please polish them and keep them looking good but for once in your life ENJOY YOUR CAR!!!! ISNT THAT WHY YOU BOUGHT IT??????

glad to see you saw the light Malcolm! i think a car is much more pleasurable to drive than to polish and make sure each screw points the same way etc.....

Top Cat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
(97) W202 C230 Elegance Estate
Just resurrecting last years thread to see if anyone knows the details of this years event? Is it basically something that anyone can just turn up at and have a nose around, or are the cars out of reach?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
June 26th at Milton keynes, these are normally private events

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom