Mercedes E Class 1997 3.0 Gearbox failure.

M

mercedesis

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I was wondering whether any member could offer me advice? A friend has a P Registered E Class which has covered 140K. It has been regularly services and until recently was running fine. But after a recent service the Gearbox has decided that although the dogleg gear on P or D is engaged nothing seems to happen.
Prior to this the car drove perfectly, so I was wondering is this likely a blown fuse? or maybe some sort of solonoid issue or in fact can any members cast a light on what the most likely cause of this is. As far as I know the gearbox oil is fine and has been changed.

Thank you

David

rapide

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1997 E230 (no rust) 2016 volvo xc60 r/design. se. lux. nav.
gearbox issue

Hi on a P plate it could be a 4 speed box or a 5 speed , different kettle of fish! does the box go 432 or D4321 / 5 speed , you say it does nothing in P or D do you mean not starting! or not driving! as in P thats all it could do! give us some more detailed info on the fault as the 2 boxes are miles apart in the fault department

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom