Yild

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c/2002/270cdi
On my E class with NTG5.5 COMMAND system Apple CarPlay was creating an annoyance as it was connecting automatically whenever I connect my iPhone to charge. I could only access the map, music and few of other apps from my phone apps but couldn’t access to my normal COMMAND functions and data loaded on my USB. By playing with controls I figured out how to deal with it manually;

to turn off the CarPlay on your Mercedes with the NTG5.5 COMMAND system press on the home button on your centre console and choose “Connect“ and then “Apple CarPlay” from the menu, if you don‘t want the Apple CarPlay to start automatically then untick the “Start Automatically” option and to disconnect it click on “Disconnect” and job done, it will not start automatically when you connect your phone to charge.

If you want to connect to it manually press on the home button on your car centre console and choose “Connect” then “Apple CarPlay, now connect your iPhone with a cable and scroll down the menu to choose your device name on the bottom of the menu.

I hope it helps and resolves some annoyances.

Last edited:

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks for this, I am sure it will indeed help others in the future

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
On my E class with NTG5.5 COMMAND system Apple CarPlay was creating an annoyance as it was connecting automatically whenever I connect my iPhone to charge. I could only access the map, music and few of other apps from my phone apps but couldn’t access to my normal COMMAND functions and data loaded on my USB. By playing with controls I figured out how to deal with it manually;

to turn off the CarPlay on your Mercedes with the NTG5.5 COMMAND system press on the home button on your centre console and choose “Connect“ and then “Apple CarPlay” from the menu, if you don‘t want the Apple CarPlay to start automatically then untick the “Start Automatically” option and to disconnect it click on “Disconnect” and job done, it will not start automatically when you connect your phone to charge.

If you want to connect to it manually press on the home button on your car centre console and choose “Connect” then “Apple CarPlay, now connect your iPhone with a cable and scroll down the menu to choose your device name on the bottom of the menu.

I hope it helps and resolves some annoyances.
I don't use it much as I find it seems to eat up my data and I have a 500Mb limit with my plans as I don't usually make many phone calls and most of my data arrives via WIFI. I also prefer the MB navigation.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom