Mercedes E220 CDI fault fix and Stage 1 remap!

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Good afternoon member,

Customer called us regarding tuning of his E220 CDI but also to rectify an issue that had presented itself.

Customer had bought the car not knowing it had previously been tuned and had the DPF removed. After going into main dealer for some checks they performed a software update which then got rid of the DPF deletion software done by an unknown third party.

Vehicle came to us in Limp mode so I couldn't get any Limp stock data as even in Dyno mode the car wouldn't let me hold a gear.

OEM stock figures from Mercedes are 170bhp and 400nm

So below are the final plots after correct deactivation of the DPF and EGR. Also I don't have a video as the initial runs after correcting it literally filled my cell with built up smoke! Lol Lucky our cell can perform a full air exchange every 7ish seconds.

Below are plots and shots

Any questions please feel free to email on info@gadtuning.co.uk or call direct on 05603 67 21 09

Many thanks

Anthony @ GAD

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/rolling-road-essex/

20190321_143659.jpg Mercedes-C250-CDI-L30NLN-Jpeg.jpg

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Anthony are your GAD Tuning dpf removal / egr off remap files affected by software updates ?

ie overwritten .

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Anthony are your GAD Tuning dpf removal / egr off remap files affected by software updates ?

ie overwritten .
All software to any module that's third party can be over written by OEM software and software updates etc....

Many thanks

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Just to be absolutely crystal , your GAD Tuning remap files have some kind of security / protection and or around the egr and dpf deletion software to prevent being overwritten by future Star software updates ?

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Just to be absolutely crystal , your GAD Tuning remap files have some kind of security / protection and or around the egr and dpf deletion software to prevent being overwritten by future Star software updates ?
Good morning,

I have seen your email you have sent over I shall be replying shortly. The line of questions currently is off topic with the thread as we don't state anything with the above vehicle regarding READ/WRITE protection on the Delphi ECU found in the E220 CDI in the post.

Please feel free to speak with Steve @ Avantgarde

Many thanks

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom