Mercedes E350 CDI Estate in for Stage 1 Calibration and Dyno time!!!

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Hello members,

Had a E350 CDI Wagon in for Stage 1 remapping.

I do quite fancy some form of Estate with either the diesel power plant or of course a form of AMG. Something about having the space and practicality but also endless amounts of torque I like.

While we let the car get rid of residual heat on the dyno while also running diagnostics and all of our pre checks on fluid levels, Dif, visual inspections, tyres, tyre condition and pressures etc.....

This was a pre facelift but the first of these to receive the 265bhp model with the Bosch EDC17 CP46 ECU management system which we can perform a full data READ or VR (virtual read) from the vehicle.

So what unfolded was running the vehicle up after its cool down period I noticed it making almost OEM quoted figures which rarely to never happens on our dyno. Thought possibly a strong one factory? Or possible conditions are just perfect for it possibly?

What became clear when pulling the file off is that unknown to the customer the previous owner had had it mapped! Not very well either! After finding an .Ori we studied what had and had not been done!

Many of the common maps regarding fuel had been manipulated but almost all regarding boost and limitation had been completely missed and throttle mapping was a mess.

We went through it and started again from scratch but the plots below show "Unknown" map vs our calibration.

When we say unknown we have actually seen this file or something very very similar before so have a good idea of who mapped it.

After many runs, logs and sweep tests with multiple tweaks to the software we gained an extra +50bhp and +145nm of torque.

Below are shots and plots

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/rolling-road-essex/

For any enquiries please feel free to pop us an email to info@gadtuning.co.uk or call direct on 05603 67 21 09

Many thanks

Anthony @ GAD

20191129_183051.jpg
20191129_183036.jpg
Mercedes E350 CDI DG12KND Stg 1 Fixed Jpeg.jpg

Top Bottom