Mercedes GLC 250d 4 matic (18" wheels) - skipping/juddering

Type skipping / or very much still a problem?

• still there but barely noticable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Al James

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC250d 4matic sport premium
Seriously considering this model again, after having been put off from the mention last week on this forum about wheel skipping and juddering/hammering noises.

I have been assured that all new models have ALL WINTER tyres fitted now, and this has solved the problem. To what extent would you all agree from user accounts/own experience? Also wondering how much less mileage I would get from all weather tyres?

I really want to lease this car as a factory build but don't want to be without my car in and out of the service centre if this is still an issue?

Any honest thoughts would be greatly appreciated (if its easier I created a wee poll).

Thank you.

Al

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I would want "all season" tyres on it not full winters

L John

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C350 Petrol Elegance
Just a typo, the poll does say all weather tyres.

ZZZZ

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No amount of opinion polls will replace a test drive - you have to decide for yourself, how much does it bother you, and now is the perfect weather for it.

OP
A

Al James

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yea I meant all weather tyres.

OP
A

Al James

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And can I ask is this problem 'exclusively' only on full wheel lock?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
As per GLK - go for a test drive.
Personally I see this as a design issue and the change of tyres is just a kludge to get around the symptoms.
The fundamental issue is the wheel angles are incorrect hence the wheel incorrectly tracks the radius of the bend causing it to skip sideways. This is clearly seen on the many YouTube videos that are out there. I wouldn't be at all surprised if tyre wear is horrendous on these.

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97' C250TD Sport
Can vouch for the horrendous tyre wear, work colleague has a 67 plate GLC250d and the outer edges are worn to f*ck, it's only done 2000 miles!!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom