Mercedes Me

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651
Hello all, I had an A5 Service carried out on my 2014 C220 CDI W204 651 recently and while giving the car the once over upon it’s return I found, in the OBD2 socket what I have reliably been informed is a ‘Mercedes Me’ adapter. There is no notification of the supply of the same in the otherwise comprehensive Service Report and Vehicle Health Check.

Having had a look at the MM Web Portal this morning and registered my vehicle online it became apparent that the MM services made available by the MM adapter vary significantly depending on the Year and model of the vehicle it is connected to, but could not find a definitive list anywhere. I have security concerns regarding the use of such a device and the registration process does go some way in mitigating my security concerns, however, I would still like to know exactly what services and or information will be made available and transmitted to every thief in the neighbourhood before I will consider activating or filing. After all, they’ve already compromised the security of keyless entry systems and third party aftermarket alarm systems, I’m pretty sure a MM adapter isn’t going to be too challenging for them.

I sent an E Mail this morning to the service manager at Stratstone in Leeds for clarification of all of the above but if anyone can shed any further light in the meantime, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Several threads on this, do a search and all will be revealed

OP
Tony Dyson

Tony Dyson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 C 220 CDI W204 OM 651

Yes this doesn't surprise me at all, there was also a news item I saw last week on the BBC by a BBC Click presenter, currently on iplayer entitled lose your car in 6 seconds or thereabouts. We'll see what interaction will be available for my car when Stratstone respond.

Top Bottom