Mercedes media interface, what's the point!

cheapshots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E250 (petrol) 2013
I noticed a strange looking 'data' port inside the centre console storage compartment of my W204 C250CGI (2012), right next to the USB port.

A little google search revealed to me that this is a media interface port, however I cannot for the life of me understand its purpose.

As far as I can tell it's their just for you to spend £100 on a cable that converts it to a USB port / AUX in port / Apple lightning charge port - essentially pretty much what the existing USB port can do.

Am I missing something here?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Is it a standard card that fits the slot

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I noticed a strange looking 'data' port inside the centre console storage compartment of my W204 C250CGI (2012), right next to the USB port.

A little google search revealed to me that this is a media interface port, however I cannot for the life of me understand its purpose.

As far as I can tell it's their just for you to spend £100 on a cable that converts it to a USB port / AUX in port / Apple lightning charge port - essentially pretty much what the existing USB port can do.

On my ML350 the media interface is connected to my Ipod, i get all the track info and artwork appearing on the COMAND screen and can operate the Ipod via the steering wheel controls.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.

It allows control of the ipod/iphone music via the comand/audio unit. you can select tracks, artists, playlists etc from the audio unit.

The USB port is just USB, nothing fancy.

The cable set is £70 and comes with three cables. Ipod, USB and AUX. On some versions of the MI it will do video aswell. On many cars these are included when the vehicle is purchased.

Last edited:

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom