Mercedes ML Low Coolant Level Fault Light

maxstack

Reaction score
Hi, if anyone can give some advise as I have a Mercedes ML 270 Cdi 2002 - the vehicle has just been in for some bodywork due to a minor knock in which all the electrics had to be swapped into new doors front and rear, and a new mirror caseing. Picked up the vehicle this morning and while it was away the low coolant fault light is now on permanently.

I have taken it to Mercedes and they have given me no fault code but have said they will replace the radiator fan for a sum of £807 fitted, but then said this might not be the problem.

Since this I have noticed that the lights on the heated seat buttons won't stay on they will only flash.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I have lost faith in my local Mercedes dealership as I can also replace parts until I find the right one at my cost.

Regards.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, sad to hear about your troubles, I would say that who ever did the work has unplugged the seat controllers with the battery still connected and this has blown them, many coach builder make this mistake, and they should fix it free as they are very expensive.

I will have to look at where the coolant lamp is connected, often MB wire them together with the washer level lamp

OP
M

maxstack

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, i will take it up with Mercedes and the coachworks tomorrow.

Regards

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom