1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercedes Motorhome turbo?

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by tre123, Jun 26, 2015.

1. tre123

tre123 Member

Your Mercedes:
    E320 cdi estate
    Hi all I now have a Mercedes Autotrail Motorhome it's an old 208d 1991 but great fun except lacking power uphill needs s turbo fitted but I can not find anyone that fits them TB turbo in Lancashire are not operating anymore so if you know sheer I can get one fitted please post details.

2. OP
    tre123

tre123 Member

Your Mercedes:
    E320 cdi estate
    I am in East Sussex
    Excuse typos, fat fingers on iPhone

3. turbopete

turbopete Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2010 '60' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi Zetec (sorry)
    this will be a very costly excersise and you may be better off looking to upgrade to a more powerful engine etc rather than add a turbo. i carried out such a conversion many years ago on a 410d van that had been converted to a camper. it involved (amongst things that im sure ive forgotten) replacing the inlet manifold with one from a sprinter (used, complete with turbo), mods to get oil feed and return to the turbo, modified exhaust system, custom made turbo boost pipes, bodyshell modifications (relatively small but necessary) injector pump opened up to allow sufficient fuel through when on boost, and it also was easier for us as the engine was out for a rebuild at the time anyhow.
    so yes, its do-able (look for turbo technics dealers or similar in your area) BUT it will be at quite substantial cost and, knowing what these vans were like for the tin-worm back in their day, id say the cost would be better put to use in a newer, more powerful camper personally

4. OP
    tre123

tre123 Member

Your Mercedes:
    E320 cdi estate
    Motorhome

No rust and no damp it's all been taken care off

Attached Files: