Mercedes SL320 Soft top issue

Malveiro

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl 320
Hello,

Last week I had to replace the battery on my sl320 (2000 model) and after doing so, the soft top procedure stopped working correctly. Now, when I do the full cycle, it opens correctly, but after it closes, the windows won't automatically go up like before and the soft top button light blinks. If I use the windows button, they go up, so that makes me believe it is not a relay problem.

Can someone help me undertstand what the reason might be, or if it needs to be programmed?

Thank you

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hello and welcome

Sounds like the windows need resetting.
Press and hold the button down for ~10secs after the window has fully opened. Then press the switch to close the window and again hold it for ~10 secs after the window is fully closed

OP
M

Malveiro

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
sl 320
Thank you for the prompt reply @Blobcat, but unfortunately I just tried as you said and the situation remains. Is there any other way it should be programmed?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Might need the roof resetting as well @LostKiwi should know

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom