Mercedes to the rescue!

Dr Buz

Reaction score
Oh the pleasure of holidays! Mine lasted four and a half hours before mechanical failure brought it to a sudden and unexpected stop. Grrrrr :mad:

It happened like this:

Oh no!!!
Outside lane of motorway, lots of traffic, I glanced down at the speedo… to see one amber ABS light and one red battery light glowing back at me!
No!?
Oh no!?
No, no, no, no!?

100 miles into the first day of my driving holiday and the ******* had broken down. Spent the next half of the day with the AA finding out that the alternator had decided to call it a day. So we ended up on the back of an AA Relay truck and several hours later, I was home again... Not quite where I had intended to be at that time of that day. Grrrrr :mad:

However, this wasn't my Mercedes that I was using! So, following day, transferred all my clobber to my twelve year old C180 with 119K with manual tranmission and NO aircon and it performed the holiday without missing a single beat! It's the most reliable car that I've ever owned. It has never ever let me down and it is the only car that I have owned that has never had to be carted off somewhere on the back of an AA Relay. (The other pile of junk has been on one three times in three years!)

And to cap it all, the Mercedes is now being used to get the other pile of German junk back on the road. And as soon as I find out how to use fleebay, it's going on it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thanks for the post,,sorry things went so wrong,,but the MB did save the day so to speak :D:D

OP
D

Dr Buz

Reaction score
I've always been a Mercedes fan. However, it took me a long time to getting around to buying one. Nevertheless, I have never been disappointed with my Mercedes. It has been absolutely fantastic. The more I've driven it, the more I've thought of it as my 'magic' Mercedes because there is just something intangible about it that gets me in a positive way.

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
i used my 94 220te for a trip south even though we have a newer low mileage jap crap car that would do the trip no probs it would feel longer & induce sore bum cheeks ;)

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Although cars are cars and anyone can break down. I have yet to see a MB broken down on the side of a Motorway besides the odd puncture here and there

gaz6148

Reaction score
i have a 4000 mile trip coming up in three weeks in my merc, really hope i don,t break down:(

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Although cars are cars and anyone can break down. I have yet to see a MB broken down on the side of a Motorway besides the odd puncture here and there

Some seem to run out of fuel too!

Can't blame the car, but I do worry about the drivers of diesel cars (and I've seen a couple of 320 CDIs) who have a range of up to 700 miles on a tank of fuel, and manage to run out.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom