mercedes vaneo 1.7 amb CDI auto gearbox WANTED!!

orri95

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this but i was advised by a mercedes garage to try on here as i have been told that the gearbox needs replacing and that there is a suspected oil leak!!!:( We have been quoted £1500 -£2000.We have a friend who can put a gearbox in if we can find one,but after all day on the phone and a guy telling me this is a constant problem with vaneos we struggled to find one.He also said our best bet would be to find an A class yr 2000 or before that matches the engine number and is a 1.7 diesel.
Another parts company typed my reg number in and found an A class gear box that will cost £670 + vat.
All i'm after is advice and if there is anyone else out there that may have a gearbox!!

Thankyou Kind regards (typing in my husbands absence) Fay :razz: :idea:

OP
O

orri95

Reaction score
Hi thanks for replying.
We have had constant problems mostly an oil leak that cannot be detected as to where its coming from.It started to creak when turning, then squeak to now a quite violent shaking from side to side.The car has been in alot for oil loss as when its filled up within 24hrs the dipstick shows no oil.The garage have no clue where is coming from.They replaced the brake pads saying that was the cause of the noise only for it to do this violent shaking and seems like the car struggles to get in or out of gear(diesel automatic cruise control)Since taking it back to the garage they have said they think the gear box has been affected by the leaking oil(?) which will need replacing and once they have took it apart they MAY find the leak!!!Sorry to waffle but its all so frustrating.
Thanks Fay :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
We need details of the car please

OP
O

orri95

Reaction score
Its a 2002 vaneo 1.7 cdi ambiente diesel automatic :)

Top Bottom