Mercedes Vito 114 CDI Remapping and Dyno!!!

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Hello members,

Customer brought his new to him work van in the shape of the Vito 114 CDI for a little tweaking as 136bhp is no good to man nor beast when your a builder and carry heavy loads from time to time!!!

Equipped with the Bosch EDC17 C66 management system which we have access to the management via OBD with a real READ not Virtual and WRITE.

Heavily limited from factory which is common place so that the 114 slots directly into there business model and van model structure.

Made some good figures in stock form very close to manufacturer quoted.

After many runs, logs and sweep tests with multiple tweaks to the software we gained an extra +86bhp and +197nm of torque.

Below are shots and plots

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/rolling-road-essex/

For any enquiries please feel free to pop us an email to info@gadtuning.co.uk or call direct on 05603 67 21 09

Many thanks

Anthony @ GAD
20190514_154645.jpg Mercedes Vito EX16GME Stg1 Jpeg.jpg

SmartAmg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
That is bl00dy impressive!!
:D

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Wow that's like having a secondary power plant fitted! Bet that will surprise many things on the road.

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Yeah a huge jump up in torque! Customer is super happy now and reporting improved fuel efficiency also!

Many thanks

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
which engine ?om651 ? or. and normally one would need to consider the effects on long term engine reliability whats the situation as you understand it in this vito case.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Ignoring any possible reliability issues, you pays your money and you takes your chance with such significant increases.
Can the power and torque increases be moderated at tickover?
All that extra around town and in heavy traffic is a nuisance.

Last edited:
OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
So these are the basically the same power plant as if you had bought a C220 CDI but with heavy software limitation. Also what your seeing on the dyno plots are WOT (wide open throttle) Runs not part throttle so this van behaves very smooth and nicely on your normal running around

Many thanks

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
So these are the basically the same power plant as if you had bought a C220 CDI but with heavy software limitation. Also what your seeing on the dyno plots are WOT (wide open throttle) Runs not part throttle so this van behaves very smooth and nicely on your normal running around

Many thanks
Not quite what i was asking.
We can't have enough power, as the availability is nice to have in reserve, and we don't have to use it.
But extra torque at tickover fights the parking brake and can cause a less than smooth pull away, that in nose to tail is just not desirable.
I appreciate that most don't consider the cars behind who get a face full of brake light, and more and more are hi intensity, but I still like to use the parking brake and take my foot of the footbrake where I'm stopped for more than a few seconds.

OP
GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Not quite what i was asking.
We can't have enough power, as the availability is nice to have in reserve, and we don't have to use it.
But extra torque at tickover fights the parking brake and can cause a less than smooth pull away, that in nose to tail is just not desirable.
I appreciate that most don't consider the cars behind who get a face full of brake light, and more and more are hi intensity, but I still like to use the parking brake and take my foot of the footbrake where I'm stopped for more than a few seconds.
So when we tune anything we do make the throttle paddle nicer under foot and feel a little more responsive but things to consider when we tune these and many other vehicles fuelling, injection, boost and a whole host of other things are barely touched on part throttles in the lower of the peddle and the lower of the RPM range so don't think of it as we give you that power and torque at every point in the throttle or RPM low down it behaves almost completely stock. Engine idle isn't adjusted, torque at idle isn't adjusted as there is no need and would make the vehicle un driveable. If you need anything else please give us a call to discuss further.

Many thanks

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
That was the first thing that crossed my mind, but, I have no knowledge of these engines.

One thing I have found with remapping personally (outside of Merc but I see why it would not apply to MB) is that even more regular maitenance is advised, such as injector cleaning, ensuring filters are clean, stricter fluid changes (engine and gearbox) which, I doubt the vast majority of owners do post remap, sticking to standard service interval at best.

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
That was the first thing that crossed my mind, but, I have no knowledge of these engines.

One thing I have found with remapping personally (outside of Merc but I see why it would not apply to MB) is that even more regular maitenance is advised, such as injector cleaning, ensuring filters are clean, stricter fluid changes (engine and gearbox) which, I doubt the vast majority of owners do post remap, sticking to standard service interval at best.
Why would some of these areas require more cleaning (I've never had a car that's had injector cleaning before)? I was advised once that even thought you shouldn't miss servicing, just make sure you service as per MB recommendations. Also, I don't push my car that much, and I cannot see why I would push even further once remapped. It was said before, these engines are very strong and are sold under powered. If owners are not sticking to services post remap, then surely they're not sticking to these schedule pre-map??

skyhiyatrist

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W202 C180
Well impressive!
Had a remap done on my 2006 w203 coupe 220cdi with only 38000 miles on it & I got nowhere near that. I was told it was because of my autobox. Is that the same engine as my w203?
IMG_20190527_183301.jpg

Skyhiyatrist out,

1 tree to make 1000 Matches,
1 Match to destroy 1000 trees.

Ibismojoer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Vito 2011 116cdi
Hello members,

Customer brought his new to him work van in the shape of the Vito 114 CDI for a little tweaking as 136bhp is no good to man nor beast when your a builder and carry heavy loads from time to time!!!

Equipped with the Bosch EDC17 C66 management system which we have access to the management via OBD with a real READ not Virtual and WRITE.

Heavily limited from factory which is common place so that the 114 slots directly into there business model and van model structure.

After many runs, logs and sweep tests with multiple tweaks to the software we gained an extra +86bhp and +197nm of torque.

For any enquiries please feel free to pop us an email to info@gadtuning.co.uk or call direct on 05603 67 21 09

Many thanks

Anthony @ GAD
Hello members,

Many thanks

Anthony @ GAD
View attachment 50099

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom