1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercedes Vito 114 CDI Remapping and Dyno!!!

Discussion in 'Tuning, Styling and Performance.' started by GAD Tuning LTD, May 14, 2019.

1. GAD Tuning LTD

GAD Tuning LTD Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    BMW M4 - C350 CDI
    Hello members,

Customer brought his new to him work van in the shape of the Vito 114 CDI for a little tweaking as 136bhp is no good to man nor beast when your a builder and carry heavy loads from time to time!!!

Equipped with the Bosch EDC17 C66 management system which we have access to the management via OBD with a real READ not Virtual and WRITE.

Heavily limited from factory which is common place so that the 114 slots directly into there business model and van model structure.

Made some good figures in stock form very close to manufacturer quoted.

After many runs, logs and sweep tests with multiple tweaks to the software we gained an extra +86bhp and +197nm of torque.

Below are shots and plots

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/

https://www.gadtuning.co.uk/rolling-road-essex/

For any enquiries please feel free to pop us an email to info@gadtuning.co.uk or call direct on 05603 67 21 09

Many thanks

Anthony @ GAD
    20190514_154645.jpg Mercedes Vito EX16GME Stg1 Jpeg.jpg

2. SmartAmg

SmartAmg Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2011 E class coupe 350 CDI
    That is bl00dy impressive!!
    :D

3. DSK

DSK Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS 320 CDI
    Wow that's like having a secondary power plant fitted! Bet that will surprise many things on the road.

GAD Tuning LTD likes this.
  4. OP
    GAD Tuning LTD

Your Mercedes:
    BMW M4 - C350 CDI
    Yeah a huge jump up in torque! Customer is super happy now and reporting improved fuel efficiency also!

Many thanks

5. ajlsl600

ajlsl600 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything,A class 170cdi auto
    which engine ?om651 ? or. and normally one would need to consider the effects on long term engine reliability whats the situation as you understand it in this vito case.

6. M80

M80 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Viano 3.0 ExLWB (09)
    Ignoring any possible reliability issues, you pays your money and you takes your chance with such significant increases.
    Can the power and torque increases be moderated at tickover?
    All that extra around town and in heavy traffic is a nuisance.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  7. OP
    GAD Tuning LTD

Your Mercedes:
    BMW M4 - C350 CDI
    So these are the basically the same power plant as if you had bought a C220 CDI but with heavy software limitation. Also what your seeing on the dyno plots are WOT (wide open throttle) Runs not part throttle so this van behaves very smooth and nicely on your normal running around

Many thanks

8. M80

M80 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Viano 3.0 ExLWB (09)
    Not quite what i was asking.
    We can't have enough power, as the availability is nice to have in reserve, and we don't have to use it.
    But extra torque at tickover fights the parking brake and can cause a less than smooth pull away, that in nose to tail is just not desirable.
    I appreciate that most don't consider the cars behind who get a face full of brake light, and more and more are hi intensity, but I still like to use the parking brake and take my foot of the footbrake where I'm stopped for more than a few seconds.

9. OP
    GAD Tuning LTD

Your Mercedes:
    BMW M4 - C350 CDI
    So when we tune anything we do make the throttle paddle nicer under foot and feel a little more responsive but things to consider when we tune these and many other vehicles fuelling, injection, boost and a whole host of other things are barely touched on part throttles in the lower of the peddle and the lower of the RPM range so don't think of it as we give you that power and torque at every point in the throttle or RPM low down it behaves almost completely stock. Engine idle isn't adjusted, torque at idle isn't adjusted as there is no need and would make the vehicle un driveable. If you need anything else please give us a call to discuss further.

Many thanks

10. DSK

DSK Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS 320 CDI
    That was the first thing that crossed my mind, but, I have no knowledge of these engines.

One thing I have found with remapping personally (outside of Merc but I see why it would not apply to MB) is that even more regular maitenance is advised, such as injector cleaning, ensuring filters are clean, stricter fluid changes (engine and gearbox) which, I doubt the vast majority of owners do post remap, sticking to standard service interval at best.