Mercedes w209 clk 2.7 Coupe Avantgarde , Rear Balancing movement

StefanNastase

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clk 2.7 2004
Good afternoon

I’m new here at this forum , therefore I need an answer for my car issue, maybe someone has same issue like mine & can share with how was fixed .

I have an Mercedes clk from 2004 2.7 engine , which I have recently bought it 3 weeks ago and while driving at 60-70 mph on motorway ,while changing lanes I feel that my rear of the car it is balancing even without changing lane I feel it ( the way fish is moving in a tank of water ) that way I feel when driving it, sometimes I can feel it even at 30-40 mph .

I have been to a garage with this issue they have advised me to change Suspension Arm front Axle , left and right , I have changed them as there was issue with them , after garage change them , taking it for a drive , same problem nothing changed with the movement but the noise when I was taking humps , pot holes ,disappeared , which is good , but still have the balance, like a fish .

I have been advised that maybe alloy wheels are to old and maybe be bend , curbed etc .I have buy new alloy wheels with new tyres , from WheelBase alloy company , their coming with the correct balancing with the correct tyre pressure, just to swap old ones with new ones , new ones I have bought them 17” with the correct front and rear tyres measurements
Front 225/45/17 Rear 245/40/17 , been to tyre garage fit them , check again if their correct balanced, correct tyre pressure, everything was perfect, going on motorway for testing, same problem, nothing changed , I have spend 1300£ in one week to solve this issue and still not fixed :))

I don’t know what to do anymore, I will take it to garage again of course , but now this day garages are trot take all your money from your pocket , invoking all sort of reason , need to change that , that and that .

I want to know if someone can help me with this issue as I want to go prepared to garage , to compare what advice I will receive from here with mechanic tell me .

Many thanks in reading my post and thanks in advance for any answer which my help me .

Kind regards

Stefan

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Have the rear subframe checked for corrosion.

It can be very hard to see but will eventually fail if it's weakened.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Subframe is a good shout, as is a check of all rear bushes. Then wheel alignment. Don’t rule out rear dampers too. They’ll often make the rear feel strange during lane changes if they are worn, but can feel fine when cornering more firmly, because the car leans and enters steady-state.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom