Mercedes W211 iPod lead?

Pounj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDi
Own an E320.. And there's an iPod lead which comes up through the centre console, connects to iPhones plays music and charges the phone. However it doesn't fit in my phone, but fits in my dads, we have the same phone, iPhone 4S. Any solution?? If I were to get the lead replaced how much for a replacement?

Pictures provided, many thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 156

Christian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w205 AMG Edition, Panasonic washing machine :)
Any broken pins on your phone? New OS 6 installed? If so it may be the voltage ( I may be wrong ). I'm using iphone5 without issues. My iphone 4s works fine.
If that lead is fitted before the 4s then you need an adaptor ( £10 on ebay ). If you need the link please ask.

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350 CDI Cabriolet - 2011
You don't have a case on your phone do you? Obvious I now but there is no reason why it wouldn't fit your phone if it fits his and its the same model. The other thing you could try would be to buy an extension , ok it's a pita as it means longer cable , to provide a different connector ..that one in the picture isn't Apples own (it's black) .. Other thing to try would be to check there's no bits of crap inside either the connector or your phones connector...

OP
P

Pounj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDi
You don't have a case on your phone do you? Obvious I now but there is no reason why it wouldn't fit your phone if it fits his and its the same model. The other thing you could try would be to buy an extension , ok it's a pita as it means longer cable , to provide a different connector ..that one in the picture isn't Apples own (it's black) .. Other thing to try would be to check there's no bits of crap inside either the connector or your phones connector...

Yeah no cases on either of the phones and the software has been updated on both. It physically doesn't fit in my phone! It doesn't click into place in my phone but fits perfect in my dads phone. Really annoying

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
But normal Apple leads do fit your phone? I am guessing the 3rd party one is out in terms of its sizes and tolerance to fit isn't there with yours... Does it just not go in yours or go in and then falls out..ie too big/small... Like I said try and apple extender cable...

OP
P

Pounj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDi
But normal Apple leads do fit your phone? I am guessing the 3rd party one is out in terms of its sizes and tolerance to fit isn't there with yours... Does it just not go in yours or go in and then falls out..ie too big/small... Like I said try and apple extender cable...

Yeah normal ones do. It used to fit then stopped lol. It doesn't click into place! Where can I get hold of one of those?

Gkinghorn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Try apple website ... Or an Apple store near you ..or you can try the likes of Maplins...search online for iPod cable extension I think might be easiest...

OP
P

Pounj

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDi
Thank you sir! Appreciate it

Top Bottom