Mercedes W222 S350 Bluetec limp mode

John Taylor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W222/2015/350d
Please can anyone help. I have a 2013 Mercedes W222 S350 Cdi Bluetec. The amber EML is on and the car goes into Limp Mode. I took it to the main dealer and they said that the DPF pressure sensor and Water Pump needs replacing and that it is the DPF sensor causing the vehicle to go into Limp Mode. As they were to busy to carry out the repairs at the time, I opted to buy the sensor and fit it myself, which was quite straight forward. After fitting the sensor the car drove fine and EML went off after a 30 mile journey. When next went out in the car it drove fine until I got up to normal operating temperature, then it went back into Limp Mode. Eventually the EML came back on. However If I park the car and leave it for a while, when I get back in and start driving it drives fine but EML still. True to form it goes back into Limp Mode. The odd thing is, the car can be driving fine for some time before it goes into Limp Mode and another time it would go into Limp Mode pretty much straight away.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
It may be that the DPF has clogged from the initial failure. STAR can force a regen if required but the best thing is to get the diagnostic codes read again.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
Could be above, could be something different. Without looking at STAR its impossible to say, but as with everything on these bluetec engines, you can't just replace X sensor, the ECU needs to be readapted and then the fault code cleared or it will just work off the values of the old knackered sensors.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom