Mercedes Warranty Costs doubled in 1 year

andyb4.5

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E55 AMG - 2004
Today I was planning on renewing my Tier 1 warranty with Mercedes.

I bought my 2004 E55 AMG 1 year ago and paid £1100 for a Tier 1 warranty with £0 excess. I was also told that a renewal price if it wasn't a lapsed policy was £800.

Shocked at my renewal price today - £1550 (mileage on the car is less than 60,000miles). Effectively 100% increase on what I was expecting (OK I was expecting maybe a 10% increase on the £800)

No comment or movement on the price from MB warranty - the price is the price apparently.

:shock:

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
The warranty on any used vehicle can only increase with the years and mileage. It is inevitable that some cars will need major surgery, and yours is an AMG,... in the higher risk category, I can sympathise, and I do believe that you are being 'ripped' off.. Try a few of the other companies ..and make sure you know what you are getting,
One other thing, new warranties generally have a 3 month bed in with regard to wear and tear.. so in effect the first 3 months of a new policy, you really arent covered for anything.. check it out.

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I would self warranty with a good Indie doing the work. The cost of buying that warranty and dealer servicing must amount to over 2k for the year. The chance of having to do 2k worth of repairs to any car during the year is slim.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom