Mercedez Benz A140 class help!!

bulldogbrit

New Registration
Reaction score
Just had a customer with this same fault.
Code reader said low vac pressure.
Checked vacumn pipes from brake servo and eventually found a kink in vac pipe in wiring loom by the ecu on passengers side. Pipe is black and approx 3mm diameter and is wrapped up with black loom tape and about 40 wires around it. This pipe leads too one of the vac valves on each side of the inner wings

dustcap

Reaction score
hi

vac pipre problem.
ive got the same problem with my a140 its in limp mode its an auto.
wondered if you could help me a bit more about the kinked pipes.

mine isnt black pipe, its purple and a hard plastic. i can blow throught one end but not the other.
am i correct to say is there a one way valve.
also, how easy should it be able to blow through the pipe?

thanks in advance

dustcap

Reaction score
hi

hi. thanks.
i got this a140 cheap off flea bay, as its all i could afford in the hope to try and fix it for my girflriend to use.
wishing i got her a push bike now, lol.
ive been on it all weekend but its too early to give up in it yet. if i do, chances are ill not sell it and get my money back.
anyway, i am curious of what the small bore vac pipe does coming from the brake servo, it appears it slipts into two and goes either side of the inner wings, to some sort of pressure switch at either side.
i discinnected all three ends and blown through the pipe to see if it was blocked, i nearly blew my brains out the force i had to blow just to get a few little bubbles at the other end which was dipped in my cup of water.
do you, or anyone else know if blowing though it should be with little effort or is it a common thing for it to of blocked somehow?
any ideas of what the pressure switches are for at either side of the inner wing?
if i knew what they were then i might be able to diagnose quicker.
tia

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
diagnose what quicker? if you want help, start a new thread clearly stating the cars SYMPTOMS. and btw, we normally suck through vac pipes :D

purple vac pipe is for head light height adjustment, when you say valves on inner wings, could you possibly mean valves on headlights? do you have a headlight problem?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom