Mercs over other mainstream stuff

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Someone took the pi$$ out of my old C250TD Estate the other day, granted she is getting a bit rough around the edges, usual rot starting to creep in, but mechanically and interior wise its immac. I would honestly rather drive that than a Mondeo, Vectra or something else newer. Nothing feels as planted on the road than a MB.

Its that magic touch Steve is it not that binds us to our cars, funny thing is that all the different models all have that magic touch to a fair degree.

From the design point everything is so well thought out, with the newer models they have taken note of any gripes, like the shifting of the driving position in all the new two door models so that one can get out with ease now with the door just open.

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I think you have missed your vocation there Steve, your photos are professional quality. You really have an eye for composition.

Take the advice of others and get some printed off and hawk them round a few places (as you tour?) You could have a very profitable sideline there..
I know you are right, its getting off my lazy you know what...

A couple of members on here have suitable printing equipment, I might get in touch and see what happens.
Someone took the pi$$ out of my old C250TD Estate the other day, granted she is getting a bit rough around the edges, usual rot starting to creep in, but mechanically and interior wise its immac. I would honestly rather drive that than a Mondeo, Vectra or something else newer. Nothing feels as planted on the road than a MB.

I'd agree with this, from A150 to CLS55 and S500 (I've driven most modern MBs) they have a very stable feeling on the road and are easy to drive, comfortable and capable when you want to press on.

Even after the shed of an E320 I had, the lure of another was to great and I'm planning a CLS SB....

I want a CLS SB. I know its rubbish value for money, but I want one and that quite frankly is that...

tjamesbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 CLK430, 2007 VITO 3.0V6 , W124's (1994 320TE , 1993 220TE ) , 07 2.5 X-Type
Mercedes= Timeless class . (If its clean & Tidy and not a scabby example ) They will always outclass a mondeo vectra etc even though they may be older
Most people think merc owners are rich / upperclass ,yet many fail to see that the combined value of my 97 C240 and 2001 E320CDI is nearly always considerably less than the common plebmobile that they are driving In reality I am the Poorboy:confused:
Two Clean shining cars in a photo with say an exec jet in the background the Merc no matter what its age will always outclass the Ford / vauxhall / Honda / Toyota etc .
Its just a bit of "je ne sais quoi" :D

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
I'd agre Boyd but bar poor quality body work and some questionable design on some (balancer shafts on some M27X engines, OM642 swirl mechanicsms and poor bodywork) there is substance behind the badge.

I tried a BMW 3 series to replace my E class and I really liked it yes, but it didn't have that effortless feeling from the Mercedes I have now.

tjamesbo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1999 CLK430, 2007 VITO 3.0V6 , W124's (1994 320TE , 1993 220TE ) , 07 2.5 X-Type
Agreed they have their faults but so do most cars just take a look on Honest john Car by Car breakdown whats bad & what to watch for It'll put you off most alternatives! If you want reliability buy a japanese petrol but would you enjoy it as much as a merc ... nuff said !
Boyd

Ricardo_e220

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R170 SLK230k 1999
I remember my mum getting her w202 250diesel brand new and my dad and I running it in through France, and thinking how refined it was (I was 21) this ran and ran and saved their lives in a massive accident 8 years later (in France iagain!)

I looked around before buying this w211 after they had had issues with their replacement w203 estate, which wasn't a par quality wise on the 202

I have had the s211 a year now, 33k miles ( now on 83k miles) and touch wood has been faultless, is returning 41mpg avg. only thing I'm not sure about is its winter ability!

Will I have another, possibly but swmbo wants a ford galaxy type thing...

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
I would honestly rather drive that than a Mondeo, Vectra or something else newer. Nothing feels as planted on the road than a MB.

Are you not just comparing them with a rear wheel drive car ;) ...... very few RWD cars on the road percentage wise.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350

I tried a BMW 3 series to replace my E class and ....

Hardly a comparison ....... that's like comparing the 3 series with a 5 series & saying it's not as good ;)

Top Bottom