Mini cooper. Oil leak

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
I seemed to be having my fair share of oil leak problems at the moment.
Noticed a few drops of oil on the drive, knew it was not the Mercedes, as had not moved for couple of weeks, checked daughter's Aygo, seemed to be all dry, check wife's Mini, opened bonnet and top of gearbox very wet with oil, running down both sides, hence drops on the drive.
Looking at the leak, the only component in the area that could be problem is the vacuum pump, so after a quick Google, well known leak. Picking up a new o ring seal Monday, then clean and fit Tuesday.
I wish I had done a bit more digging on internet, as it seems that not only the external seal can leak, but the internal one as well. And there is only one supplier of that seal, otherwise new pump at £140.
Fingers crossed that the £3 o ring is the fix.
It was due service, but I will do this leak before doing that. Why is it that BMW do not supply the internal o ring seal if it is prone to failure ?

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom