Minor Damage Insurance

abmoeeds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-class 2007/320 cdi
Hi All,
I've just bought an E class and being recommended by my dealer to buy this Minor damage insurance for 349 quid which covers for 2 yrs. Do you think this is worth it??

Really appreciate your advise on this.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Hi All,
I've just bought an E class and being recommended by my dealer to buy this Minor damage insurance for 349 quid which covers for 2 yrs. Do you think this is worth it??

Really appreciate your advise on this.

How's this different from any other car insurance?
When I recently bought my 07 R Class from Mercedes I was offered insurance for alloy & tyre damage, insurance against mechanical failure of engine & transmission & something else :confused: It all came to around £1500 on top of the car's screen price.
I declined the lot. I can only assume they're on commission. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Obviously it's up to thee, but I'd say no thanks. :)

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Ha what will they think of next, you already have insurance to cover major damage ..the minor damage insurance would cover anything under your excess £250...
I do tend to think a claim on it may impact on your normal insurance.....
Unless you are forever bumping into things give it a wide berth...

OP
A

abmoeeds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-class 2007/320 cdi
Thanks

Thanks guys for the valueable suggestions. They're saying claiming in this insurance will not effect my car insurance in any way. ..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Maybe they sell another insurance that protects the insurance on the insurance on the car

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Every trade magazine I read to do with car sales and the garage trade is filled with these silly ideas on how to increase revenue.. customers are no longer customers they are now classed as foot fall.. how long before they actually use the terminology used by the garages themselves ..victims

Sue new MB owner!!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 200 /2009 /1.8
I would just go for your usual insurance .... shop around for the best deal.... minor damage!!! pfffff... any damage should be covered!!

outmyway

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Blue Efficiency Sports Estate
I took this out recently on my C220, got 3yrs up to a cumulative claim limit of £3000 for a £370 premium.

Its in effect a 'chips away' type of policy for car park rash, stone chips and small dents up to 15cm/6".

Seemed a good deal to me ... I will certainly use it ... the amount of times my car gets 'dinged' by doors in car parks so irritates me ... can call them out unlimited number of times, only cost is £25 excess every call out ...

More in for here ...

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars/home/financial_services/personal/insurance/mercedes-benz_minor.html

c15htn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'00 A208 CLK320 Convertible.
I would say it's a brilliant idea if you lease the car, as i was stung for all the dings and marks when my last one went back, 4 years of car parks and building sites on top of 100k of motorways. It needed 'lumps' away, not chips!!!........ However now I'm back in company owned vauxhall shed (that bill being part of the reason) , with an MB toy for babying, i wouldn't bother!

Jim

outmyway

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 Blue Efficiency Sports Estate
The Merc Minor Damage is done by a company called Shine

http://www.shinesmartrepair.co.uk/

They do their own similar insurance which is subtly different to the one they offer through MB, also surprisingly more expensive than buying through MB.

I also found these people offer a similar 3yr policy for only £199 if you also buy Gap insurance through them for around £100/3yrs (MB want close to £500 for Gap insurance ... such a rip off!!!).

http://www.ala.co.uk/scratch-and-dent-insurance.html

So £300 for 3yrs Gap insurance and minor damage seems very good value ...

Last edited:

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom