Mirror Problem E300 turbo

simonC200

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 2004
Hi
I have a 1999 E300 turbo diesel and the drivers door mirror became fogged, I think due to the plasma "dipping" material.

A replacement from Mercedes would have set me back over £300!

I bought a replacement mirror off E bay (for £12.) which is just the same fitting but not dipping and has a two pin connection available

The problem is that there are 4 wires from the old connection - two brown which I presume are live, and the others are slightly different colours.
Can I just connect the two brown to one terminal and the other two to the other terminal?

Was part of the connection to provide power for the "dipping" or were they all for heating the mirror?
Thanks for any advice
Simon

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom