Misfire on Idle - Engine light on - Baffled!

N

Neil Lockhart

Please help my poor 2003 C180 Kompressor 100k miles: Car performs normally except when stopped - idle is smooth for about 1 minute then suddenly goes very lumpy with no power when pulling away. Light gows off the next day. Indie Mechanic has replaced Mass Flowmeter and Coil Packs and serviced it. Snap-on diagnostic tool just said engine misfire?

Any ideas much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Neil

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Sorry to hear about your fault, its due to the valves sticking in the guilds, head rebuild needed,

Welcome to the forums

OP
N

Neil Lockhart

Oooh that sounds expensive. Is there any way to check for sure? It doesn't use any oil and the idle is very smooth at first. My indie mechanic said it might be the Lambda sensor?

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Well it could be! but last time i was in the workshops something like 32000 of that engine (world wide) had been done due to that fault!

OP
N

Neil Lockhart

Thanks Sam. I'd better start saving up. I'm in Hants by the way maybe you could let me know how much I need to save?

Then we had better let them - now its 32000 + 1

Neil

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom