Misfire

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Thanks for all the suggestions and advice... Turns out it was a faulty EGR valve that was causing the problem. I thought you might like to know.
But the EGR valve was cleaned not long ago?

OP
Mazin Bayoumi

Mazin Bayoumi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320/2008/3L diesel
But the EGR valve was cleaned not long ago?
That's what they told me... Apparently, they had to download new software for the diagnostic machine and managed to replicate the fault without taking the car on the road... We'll see on Monday after they fit a new unit

OP
Mazin Bayoumi

Mazin Bayoumi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320/2008/3L diesel
Quick update as I know you're all dying to know... The new EGR valve made it worse so that showed that something was going on with the intake/inlet manifold. A snake camera was put up into the tubes and we found a thick layer of "coke" build up on the valve flaps and the walls that was restricting air into the engine. The old EGR apparently was running at 5% and the new one at 37% so was trying to pull more air through. Hopefully fingers and everything else crossed when the coke gets cleaned up, this will be the solution

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom