Missing Jacking point.

The Joker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
Hi all, went to jack up the N/S front of my 2004 W211 and found that the plastic jacking point was missing! Just a space where it should be with a large circular hole in the metalwork.

Defintely wasn't me......Honest guvnor. I've never jacked it up that side since i've had the car so not sure how or when it happened.

Good job I looked though cos i don't think I can jack the car up as it is. I also noticed a split in the plastic sill right next to where the jack point should be, so that will need stabilising, along with the replacement of a couple of nearby sill securing screws which are missing.

Anyone heard of this before? Guess the part will be MB only. Are they easy to fit?

Any thoughts/ideas would be most welcome.

Cheers....................Joker.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Common, yes easy fit, push the jacking point in, push the center in to force the sides to grip, "if you know what i mean"!

OP
T

The Joker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
Thanks once again Sam. Will get one ordered pronto from local dealer.

Cheers................Joker.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Only a few quid Joker, replace one of Amo,s the last time he was down!!

OP
T

The Joker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
Pleased to hear it's cheap & easy Sam....They're the jobs I like!

Wicked split though in plastic sill. Reckon it might have to come off to get some reinforcing behind it. Might be lucky & be able to get behind it in situ. I would imagine whoever's jacked it up in the past has squashed the sill so much it's just given way. Fortunately it's below the eyeline , so a repair & blow in should do nicely.

Thanks again..............Joker.

White230CE

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1989 W124 230CE
SAM UNIT's instruction is all you'll need, but if you want pics, I posted my experience of removing the jack stops from my 230CE under 'Hole in the sill (W124)'.

:D

Last edited:
OP
T

The Joker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 W211 E320 CDi
Hi all, had my local body repair man fix the split sill & replace the missing spacers & jacking point today, painted it well too - all at a very reasonable price.

Sounds daft I know, but don't you just feel good knowing that you're keeping your Merc in good condition - Even though you can't see the repair!

Thanks for your previous advice on this one.

Cheers..................Joker.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom