MK320 Cdi EGR

mike jaffrey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 Cdi
Hi Everyone

I,m a newble to the Forum and having recently bought a 2006 ML 320 Cdi 4 Matic with 200,000 Kms, am finding the forum a mine of helpful information !
One particular issue has been the removal and cleaning of the EGR valve, which seems to have resolved the excessive black smoke problem on accelaration.
Out of interest, I was researching the cost of a new EGR valve and happened to notice that there is a gasket listed ???. There is an o ring on mine but no gasket. Does anyone know if there should indeed be a jointing gasket fitted with the EGR?
Also, I see there is an electrical bypass mod for the 270 Cdi EGR, would this work for the 320 Cdi ?
Any info greatly appreciated

Thanks

OP
M

mike jaffrey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 Cdi
I,ve had a good look at that thread again but it only refers to the straight six type 320 engine and not the OM 642 V6
that probably has a different set up

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
Not the same. Only works with vacuum operated egr valves. There are other alternatives, one of which could suit yours. Member Alex Crowe (indi) was instrumental in designing one which could suit. Maybe contact him.

Ian.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi Everyone

I,m a newble to the Forum and having recently bought a 2006 ML 320 Cdi 4 Matic with 200,000 Kms, am finding the forum a mine of helpful information !
One particular issue has been the removal and cleaning of the EGR valve, which seems to have resolved the excessive black smoke problem on accelaration.
Out of interest, I was researching the cost of a new EGR valve and happened to notice that there is a gasket listed ???. There is an o ring on mine but no gasket. Does anyone know if there should indeed be a jointing gasket fitted with the EGR?
Also, I see there is an electrical bypass mod for the 270 Cdi EGR, would this work for the 320 Cdi ?
Any info greatly appreciated

Thanks
There is an o ring , but no gasket ....don't worry it seals with the o ring . I take my egr out every year for a quick scrub

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
Have it deleted from the ECU - never have to worry about it again and stops the engine running on its own waste products

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
Have it deleted from the ECU - never have to worry about it again and stops the engine running on its own waste products

Yep, best solution but can be a little expensive. I had my 3.0 Litre Ducato motorhome done that way.

Ian.

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
Yep, best solution but can be a little expensive. I had my 3.0 Litre Ducato motorhome done that way.

Ian.
Around £50-£60 around here - much less than the labour involved in removing and cleaning or replacing. I had mine done as part of the remap

OP
M

mike jaffrey

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 Cdi
Yes, I expect deleting the damned thing is the best way to go.
Many thanks for all the input

Mike

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
Around £50-£60 around here - much less than the labour involved in removing and cleaning or replacing. I had mine done as part of the remap

Ah yes, when done as part of remap, quite cheap. As a separate job, much more expensive.

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
No its £50-£60 as a separate job around here.

That is super cheap. Around $300 out here for my Fiat. Guess it depends on whether accessible via OBD port or needing removal and bench reading. Lot dearer for removal due to time costs.

Ian

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom