ml 270 cdi no power when warm

daveblade

Reaction score
hello to all and thanks for reading this post
when the car is cold and just started it goes with all the power its always had
but as the heat in the engine increases the power seems to drop off till once its at full running temp the boost/kick down is none exsistant and takes for ever to reach a desired speed

i was thinking it may be the/a air mass sensor causing the fault

i looked under the bonet this morning and i was getting a slight noise from the air filter box area with the engine turned off for about 30 secs then it stopped

also i checked to look for the sensor
by the air box is a little valve with air pipes into out of it and a similar looking valve by the near side windscreen wiper ie opposite side to the battery area
and what i think is a air mass sensor on a rubber hose by the front grill to the right hand side of the grill section held in by i think 2 t 20 torque bits
are any of these parts relivent to what may be causing the lack of power
thanks again
dave:neutral:

OP
D

daveblade

Reaction score
anyone know a good garage near wakefield/leeds that i can trust

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sorry Dave that you did not get a reply,,it could be the MAF and you could just unplug it and try the car,,some will run much better without it and others will not,,but it cost nothing to try

It is 14 int the link here

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom