ML 270 starting problems

Duncan.ml

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 cdi X reg
Hi there,

I changed the thermostat on my 2000 ML270 at the weekend. Now i have trouble getting the car to start when it's cold.
It will initially fire, then stall. After that it takes a lot of turning over to get it going. Once it's warm, then there are no problems.

Any idea's??

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think Duncan that you have disturbed a fuel pipe and there is air in the system now, you may see some bubbles in the fuel pipe from the filter

OP
D

Duncan.ml

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 cdi X reg
Thanks Malcolm, Correct as always!!

Next question - how do I get rid of them?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Buy some new O rings and fit them on that pipe.

When cranking an engine with air in the system, never pause on the starter motor,,you can compress air but not fuel, and every time you pause all of the pressure that has built up is lost.

Diesels are not my line and someone will come on and tell you what to do

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom