ML 320 CDI 2006 FOG LIGHT

Gergely Ferenc Gyepesi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML 320 CDI SE, 2006
Hi All,
my passenger side fog lap was having some trouble due to a broken mounting.
It was resonating and I practically changed bulbs in every 2-3 weeks.
I bought a new fog lamp.The same OEM stuff.
We installed it no problem at all. Plugged it in and no response.
It doesn't work. Do you know where the fuse is for the Fog lamps?-or is the problem fuse related?I don't really understand the problem.I cannot think anything else. Wiring should be ok as it was working before.
Any help you could offer by any chance locating the fuse?-or advice what can be the problem,as I could not find a fuse or any chart that would be reliable to be honest.I also don't have a nearby Benz Dealer.
Thanks a million!

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Did you switch the car off and on again? I know that if I need to change (for example) a side light bulb in my wife's CLK, I get an error message telling me which bulb to change. After swapping the bulb out, I need to turn the ignition off, take the key out and then restart it for the error to clear and for the bulb to light up. I'm assuming that once you have dash message to change a bulb, the car detects the open circuit and isolates it until it detects a resistance on the new bulb when it's doing its pre-start checks.

I'm assuming that a faulty bulb holder will also show an open circuit. if it still won't light up, you possibly still have a fault.

OP
G

Gergely Ferenc Gyepesi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi, I did the switch on and off part.The lapm also has been checked plus it is brand new.If somebody could tell me where the fuse is at least that could be eliminated as well.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
I'm not sure about your car but the fuse guide may be in the fusebox on the end of the dash. Depending on which side the steering wheel is on the fuse chart should be in there. You can prise out the cover with a coin.

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
First things first.

Use your £7 Ebay Multimeter to check you have 12V (ish) at the bulb contacts.

If you don't have any volts, use the same multimeter to buzz through to the fuse box and locate the offending fuse.

If the fuse is ok, (and has volts on both ends of it), maybe it's time to lube-up and go to the dealer...

OP
G

Gergely Ferenc Gyepesi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Guys, I will check the mentioned fuse box by the steering wheel.The voltage check has been done.We have the sufficient voltage and such,that is why I suspect the fuse. I will report back once I was able to find and changed and so on....
Thx a million!

OP
G

Gergely Ferenc Gyepesi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi All,

apperently there is no fuse designated to the fog lights.So what do I need to do now?What needs to be changed or fixed?The wireing is OK,the lights and bulbs are OK.Onl the left fog light is not switching on.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Earth the case of the foglight. Given that all that was changed was the light the probability is thats where the problem is.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom