ML 320 CDI - Door Open Sensor on constantly

Mark Tidridge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 320 CDI 2006 3.0
Hey all

Just wondered if anyone had any pearls of wisdom to help here.

Even when closed the sensor for my front passenger door is showing that the door is open. I can clear the beep and red dash light by hitting a button on the steering wheel but any ideas where to sort the fault.

We have changed the door lock itself and the fault is still there.

The car is driveable and the car does still lock and so we have just switched the internal lights off -so not to run the battery down, althought the foot well lights are now on constantly and also the wing mirrors now also now longer go in when you lock the car.

Any ideas ?? or has anyone else had this fault - and found it to be something other then the lock ??

It's the W164 model - 2006

Cheers

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Sounds like everything thinks that door is still open, leading me to think a contact is still not being made somewhere. Not sure where those contact points on the 164 are, maybe an owner will come along with ideas

OP
M

Mark Tidridge

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 320 CDI 2006 3.0
its been suggested Rear Sam Unit - which is not really what I wanted to hear but if thats the case it may need to be replaced. Looking for any other suggestions as thats not the cheapest option!

Also can rear sam's be replaced with second hand parts due to the coding of the vehicle to the car spec ?

Top Bottom