ML 320 central locking problem

ML320-Stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 ML 320 & RS 500 & Honda XLV motorbike
A month ago my wife purchased a 2001 ML320 and a problem has now cropped up with the Remote Central Locking and i need a bit of advice please.

The central locking will not work remotely via the key fob (even with new battery in the fob) and the central locking will not work if you use the key, it will only lock and unlock the drivers door, if you want to lock all the doors you have to push the button on the centre console which locks all the doors, then lock the drivers door with the key.

The dealer the car was purchased from has said he will repair the problem and has already had the car in to do it, but has said the part he ordered was not faulty, and he now thinks the key needs either replacing / or re-programming and this will make the remote central locking work again ??

Is there any truth in this that this should fix the problem or does he have the wrong information?? and if true, any idea how much it will cost as he has a limit to what he will pay to have the problem repaired.

Cheers!

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
I suspect its the key as you say or more common is the AAM, all active module!

Thats not cheap, the AAM is what the key runs through, as do a lot of other things!!

Be intresting to know what they find!!

OP
M

ML320-Stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well the dealer did say he was quoted around £500 and this was about his limit he would pay to repair the problem, but bearing in mind he did say before hand that it was a another problem i did wonder if he's info was wrong this time, but if you say it may be the AAM that may be the correct fault this time.

Last edited:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Well the dealer did say he was quoted around £500 and this was about his limit he would pay to repair the problem, but bearing in mind he did say before hand that it was a another problem i did wonder if he's info was wrong this time, but if you say it may be the AAM that may be the correct fault this time.

Price sounds about right!!

OP
M

ML320-Stu

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'll let you know if thats the problem, but ouch, glad im not paying for it :)

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom