ML airmatic or not?

mlshak

Reaction score
Hi All,

My first post, so go easy on me! I am buying one of 2 used ML320 sports this weekend, they are both W164 on 06 plates. They both have various pros and cons re extras, reflected in the price. My main concern is that one has airmatic and memory seats and the other does not (but is in better overall condition), I can live without the memory seats, but my question is, does airmatic make a huge difference to someone who will be driving his ML almost exclusively around town and occasionally on the motorway?

I have read various reviews but would like an opinion from those that own rather than those that test drive! Any feedback would be appreciated.

thank you.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Welcome to the forums Mlshak.

leave the airmatic one alone, nicer ride but cost a bomb when they go wrong, and it will at some time!!!

OP
M

mlshak

Reaction score
Thanks for that advice, I was beginning to get that impression too, after reading all the "problems" that airmatic seems to (eventually) suffer from. Much appreciated.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
Welcome to the forums Mlshak.

leave the airmatic one alone, nicer ride but cost a bomb when they go wrong, and it will at some time!!!

i can echo that - ECHO......echo...etc

must agree, they only make versions with these pointless toys to keep us mechanics in business :D. thanks MB!

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I'll echo again... I said no to airmatic too, for reasons already mentioned. These things are fine when under manufacturers warranty.....

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
These things are fine when under manufacturers warranty.....

if you like spending an hour or two in the showroom every couple of days, the taste of MB coffee, and "toy" courtesy cars ;)

OP
M

mlshak

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, having driven both variants today, I was hard pushed to notice the difference, except in comfort mode (too wallowy!)

I turned down both vehicles for other reasons, but at least airmatic is not a big deal for me now.....oh well the search continues!!

Thanks again.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom