ML Braking issues

fastboysparky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML/2001/270cdi
Hi Guys
The latest problem with my wifes ML.
It started some months ago when the ESP/BAS light came on, restart the engine and it is fine for maybe a week or so.
Then the ABS started to kick in for no reason under normal breaking, but not all the time.
Now the pedal travel to near the floor. The brakes are progressive and sharp when eventually the pedal gets their. The pedal goes hard if you pump it.
Once pumped up, if you keep your foot on it, it slowly goes down.
If you pump it up then turn the engine off, you can press it as hard as you like and it stays rock hard.

Need to sort this problem as wife is now using my car and i have to walk.

Cheers

GEORGEROV

Reaction score
If no air in the system and no fluid leaks then maybe faulty seals in the master cylinder or abs unit

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think the master cylinder has failed

lexz32

Reaction score
the best deal i could find for a master cylinder was £178 from these guys

Mark Aldred [mark.aldred@mercedes-benzofwarrington.co.uk]

OP
fastboysparky

fastboysparky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML/2001/270cdi
Following the original fault, i replaced the brake fluid and the brakes have behaved them selves. Although every now and then the abs, bas, esp lights come on but go off if you stop the engine and restart it. Its not been an issue because on a trial emergency stop, the car stops very quick in a perfectly straight line. The problem is that the lights came on during the MOT test and they failed the car. Even though the brakes where operating within the correct tollerance. Does anyone know why the lights may come on at random. Need to get it sorted now urgently. Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The most common reasons are loose wheel bearings, broken wire on a sensor or rust on the rear rings,,a STAR test should say where the fault is

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom