ml lost power

mograt

Reaction score
Hi, took my ML320 (2000) out today, got about a mile and then it slowed so it wont go any faster than 10mph, and sounds like a tractor. Any ideas?

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Chances are it has blown or split a turbo hose...

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
no turbo on this one xtractor. mograt, any other clues, think hard. (eg have you had it long, had any work done lately, does it ever misfire, is the gearbox ok, was it low on fuel, any warning lights on, any odd noises, did turning off/on again help, was it torrential rain etc etc etc etc etc etc)

OP
M

mograt

Reaction score
No clues whatsoever, half full of petrol, oil ok, no missfire, running perfectly alright apart from a rattle , which is probably the cat converter. Kind of hope it is a hose , that doesn`t seem to be too expensive..................

OP
M

mograt

Reaction score
Petrol, no fault lights show when it happens.

A

andy@pcd-ltd

If there is a rattle the first thing i would check is the cat as if it loose it may block the flow of exhaust gasses which can cause the lack of power. I would also get it stuck on a star machine to check for fault codes

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think as Willow, cant see any other way with this

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom