Ml series

Darknight

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300td avantguard in purpl/clk in black
Hey guys been a long time not on.
Sold the old merc but can't live without one so...
We were looking at an ml series as we need 4x4 and also a car that can pull a horse box. So my questions are related to that, what should I look out for on these round the 2000 2001 year range? And are they OK for towing and generally as good as my other merc was?
Thanks for the help

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
Have you considered the Range since you require a 4x4 to pull your horse box?

OP
D

Darknight

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300td avantguard in purpl/clk in black
Haha, well we have had so many deranged rovers over the years and although we like them never again. They are so unreliable with constant faults on most of them.
We have our trusty Isuzu which will pull a house down, but its be nice to have some comfort again.....oh and the Marc badge :)

Last edited:

gizze

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 Series Touring + 911 Carrera 4
Try and get a facelift model from September 2001 on.

I have bought my second and love it, bought my 03 plate Inspiration new and just bought an 02 270cdi, at some 11 years old it feels remarkably tight all round, well chuffed.

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.
270 diesel will pull almost anything. Pulled my Toyota Camry V6 1996 and a car trailer about 2 ton all up with no problems except kept crapp*ing myself as every time I looked in the rearview I saw this car following me, it was quite disturbing. But if I had to do it again I would go for a 4 wheel trailer, if the truth be known I recon it was on the trailers limit so it bounced quite a bit.

mickx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E-Class Coupe E300 2.0 245hp AMG Line Premium Plus Auto (C238)
Get a GL Class - quality....

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom