ML turbo booster sensor!!!

si69b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 CDI
I've been having a problem with my ml270 cdi loosing power, only goes 30/40mph.
When I stop and restart the power is as normal for about 500 yards then looses power again. I had the AA to look at it and he did a diagnostic check and found that the maf was working fine and came to the conclusion that its probably the turbo booster sensor. Has anybody experienced this fault.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
The AA guy gave you a bad guess - the MAP sensors rarely fail.

What fault codes did he find? That is the way forward here...

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
If you know any one with an ML270 see if there MAP sensor makes your vehicle behave??? VW MAP sensors go wrong all the time and sometimes don't throw up any faults, I know Mercs are a different ball game however if you have access to one no harm it swapping it over. :p

If you can eliminate a few bits before getting charged for diagnostics might aswell give it a shot!!!

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

OP
S

si69b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 CDI
If you know any one with an ML270 see if there MAP sensor makes your vehicle behave??? VW MAP sensors go wrong all the time and sometimes don't throw up any faults, I know Mercs are a different ball game however if you have access to one no harm it swapping it over. :p

If you can eliminate a few bits before getting charged for diagnostics might aswell give it a shot!!!

Regards

Anthony @ GAD

Been into German auto care this morning and its got a few problems. 1 is air inlet manifold, flap is worn and not opening all the time. 2nd thing is something to do with the manifold, on my type of car the parts that need replacing are made of plastic. They said Total cost including labour + vat is £935

rjevon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 CDi 2002
Remove your manifold and remove the worn flaps.

You can the seal the holes up with bolts, this will sor out your problem if the manifold flaps are the issue.

Richard

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Been into German auto care this morning and its got a few problems. 1 is air inlet manifold, flap is worn and not opening all the time. 2nd thing is something to do with the manifold, on my type of car the parts that need replacing are made of plastic. They said Total cost including labour + vat is £935

And the codes were...? Presumably P1189.

ianstaley

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270CDi 2001.

You can get a new inlet manifold for about 2-300 notes on e bay. fit it yourself. save 600 quid. Oh and do the egr mod at the same time save a bit more Mulah!!!

Last edited:

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
It's £400 for the manfold and about 5h labour to fit

Last edited:
OP
S

si69b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 CDI
They mentioned that the manifold on a 2002 manifold is made of plastic....is this correct???

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
Yes they are made of plastic! - most manufacturers these days use plastic. The use of plastic is not the problem - it's the routing of the used exhaust gases through the manifold via the EGR that causes the problems

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
I have just read this article were an ml270 had gone into limp mode due to stuck swirl flaps in the mainfold - rather than change the manifold they took the car for a terraclean treatment and it appeared to work - see link http://clautos.co.uk/#/guestbook/4567535845
this is what was said "Our Mercedes ML270 CDI had lost kick down due to the swirl flaps being carboned up! A common faul of Merc engines, Chris's comment was, lets get this sorted! Ted then show'd us what he was connecting all the Terraclean to and what it would do, another coffee later and a good ol natter and we were all done, Off we went with a MUCH more responsive engine and KICK BACK was BACK!"

Not sure what to make of this - might be worth a try

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
Hi before you start doing any thing need to get on star for fault codes, could be several things.

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Terraclean cannot mend those broken flaps, or stop the boost leaks from the loose spindles...

We now offer a full swirl flap delete for the ML270 @ £330 +vat, this includes flap removal and blanking, along with the M55 delete resistor mod - we have done 2x of these in the last month or so.

OP
S

si69b

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 CDI
Manifold failure.. AA says its wear & tear...

I've just found out from the assessor for the AA has said that the reason for the manifold to fail was down to wear and tear.
The garage technician has said it was an electrical failure which bent the arm. Due to the AA accessor saying wear and tear they won't pay out for the warranty cover.
I'm waiting to pick my car up at 5.30 and have arranged for the old parts and the technician to explain to me the fault. I'm not happy with this situation and I'm going to take it further. Has anybody got any input that will help me with my claim against the AA warranty, it wood be very much appreciated..

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom