ML W164 Electrical issues after a shunt to the rear

Albolid

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
57 ML 420 CDi
Following a minor bump to the rear of my 57 ML420 CDi it's started with some strange electrical faults. Not long after the bump, the door locks and tailgate randomly locked/unlocked whilst driving and various lights switched themselves on and off. Anyway, whilst these seem to have fixed themselves the fuel gauge now appears to be stuck at 1/2 full. I know there is less fuel than half a tank as it will be close to running empty, but the gauge hasn't really moved since the initial bump. I decided to check the fuses in the rear wheel case area and probably incorrectly removed the fuel pump fuse, foolishly thinking this could be linked with the fuel gauge sensor! Anyway, upon replacing the fuse the preglow indicator on the dash is now permanently on when the ignition or engine is on!? I'm pretty sure my glow plugs are all okay and this is a coincidence of me removing and replacing the fuel pump fuse - but I'm not sure how to turn this light off now?

And probably most imprtantly, how to fix the fuel gauge that has stuck ??

Does anyone know where to start? Is it a rear SAM issue? Fuse issue? Can the electrics be reset???

Thanks

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom