Ml270 brake warning lights, safe mode intermittant

abdabs

Reaction score
My car is in the garage and they cant seem to find the problem! When starting the car after about 30 seconds all the brake warning lights come on and the car beeps and some of the instrument gauges stop working and the car gear is stuck in whichever gear it is currently in. If I stop, turn off and do this say 2/3 times the problem seems to go away and the car drives fine. This it will probably do for the rest of the day. However in the morning the same problem will occour.

The garage have changed the battery, checked earths and are currently checking all the wiring. They think it could be the Brake control unit or something. I know little about such things and am getting prepared for a big bill?!

Can any one help please!!.

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
Are there any fault codes?

Is it just the ESP/BAS lights that come n?

OP
A

abdabs

Reaction score
Hi. It is all the brake warning lights that come on - abs etc and the handbrake light. No fault codes come on the dash - is that what you mean?. When he put it on the diagnostics it came up with faults on all of these?. I dont know if it is related but sometimes the Start Error message comes up on the dash?.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom