ML270 CDi Momentary loss of power while driving

Martin_ML270

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270/2001/diesel
Hi Everyone,

We've had a few months of trouble free motoring in our ML but now sometimes while you're driving the power "dips" and you have no drive when your foot is steady on the accelerator (,a bit like when your using cruise control and the engine backs off going down hill to maintain speed).

Taking your foot off the accelerator and re-applying the accelerator seems to get you back on track. I'll take it to get the codes read on a star machine, but is there any common things to check that I could do?

Ive had a little search on the website and the threads ive found describing this symptom seem to not have a conclusion.

Martin

oigle

Reaction score
Website
members.optusnet.com.au
Your Mercedes
2003 ML270 sold but not forgotten. 2022 Kia EV6 RWD LR
I remember not too long after buying my ML that I had a similar experience. Went back to dealer and they were mystified.
Worked it out for myself eventually. I was using left foot braking in city traffic and was unaware that touching the brake pedal cut all power to the motor. I was gently brushing the pedal with the left foot. Have stopped using left foot braking since.

OP
M

Martin_ML270

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270/2001/diesel
interesting with the braking idea... wonder if my car mats may have moved.....

i did read something about a bad earth can cause weird stuff and my high level brake lights stopped working, we run the car with the headlights on auto. so we've switched the headlights to manual for a week so far and its not done it since.... driving in daylight obviously. :p

Im thinking getting the high level brake light working may be related. ;-) Martin

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

OP
M

Martin_ML270

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml270/2001/diesel
Got the car on a star reader thingy and it mentioned a speed sensor fault. We've dropped the error and will see if it was just a glitch or we need to swap anything :)

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom