ML270 lots of cranking to start

rjevon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 CDi 2002
Mornig All,

My ML270 looks like it needs the manifold replacing, which I will be doing shortly.. Swirl Flap issue causing oil leak, limp mode etc.

Over the past month or so I have noticed that the car needs more engine turns to start it, it use to start more or less on the button..

Could this be related to blocked manifold or sticking swirl flaps ? or should I be looking elswhere ?

Regards
Richard

Steve@Avantgarde

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.avantgarde-automotive.co.uk
Your Mercedes
E300 Coupe AMG Line PP/NE, SLR McLaren Roadster, SL55 & C32AMG
I would say you have high injector leak off. If you have an indie near you ask him to do a leak off test and check the quantity correction values on star.

OP
R

rjevon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 CDi 2002
What would be the cause if this is the case ?

High Preasure pump or injectore issue ?

tony jr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL320 X164 2007
If you have removed the engine covers to look around the manifold you may have moved on of the plastic fuel pipes and disturbed a seal allowing air to be sucked in through the fuel line (can you see bubbles in the clear fuel lines near the high pressure pump?) This could be causing your problems starting the engine.

marxtringer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c270cdi 53reg
If you have removed the engine covers to look around the manifold you may have moved on of the plastic fuel pipes and disturbed a seal allowing air to be sucked in through the fuel line (can you see bubbles in the clear fuel lines near the high pressure pump?) This could be causing your problems starting the engine.

agree with this check for bubbles before taking to a garage! if theres loads of bubbles or NO FUEL then your best changing the o rings on the pipes, i think there around 50p each and about ten in total! do them all its an easy job but be carefull not to snap the connectors

then if still the same, just pull all the pipes off the tops of the injectors and try to start, you will know if an injector is leaking back cos it will be p*ssing out fuel!

oh and dont rule out a blocked fuel filter!

OP
R

rjevon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML 270 CDi 2002
marxtringer,

Are there any guides on how to do all of this ?

Not a good diyer, would would like to see what to do before I take to an indie.

Richard

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom