1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ml270d 2004 reg

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by filippos, Jan 5, 2013.

1. filippos

filippos New Member

Your Mercedes:
    ml class
    Hi, I'm new to this so pleas bear with me. I got a ml270 2004 reg & the pulling power is very poor, lack of power until u doing about 60 miles then it pulles ok i think.what I have done so far: I have replaced the air sensor, I took the car for a diagnostic chek at merc dealers and they come to the conclusion that its either prev cats, intercooler hoses leaking, chek vacuum supply or the turbo, I have removed the precat and checked it, it looks ok. I have taken front bumper of and checked all the hoses and there is no leaks, I haven't checked the vacuum cuz i don't know the location of it or what cheks should I carry, I'm thinking of buyin a new turbo but they r so expensive I want to make sure it's turbo failer before I buy it. Has any1 come a cros this problem before? How do I check the turbo? How do I chek the vacuum and location of it? If is the turbo, does any1 know where I can get a low cost turbo? So far I got quoted £975 from gsf, any help is greatly appriciated, thank you guys.

2. OP
    filippos

filippos New Member

Your Mercedes:
    ml class
    I have taken the turbo out to day & cheked it in a garage, and turbo they said turbo looks ok, I couldn't run a properly chek on it cuz sat & most garages r closed but there is no leaks or movement on the turbo.

3. Jdokal

Jdokal Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Mercedes
    Have you considered going to a merc independent via the top right link? Here they can put the vehicle on STAR and tell you what the problem is....