ML430 W163 Central Locking not working.

williajjc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc ML W163 (2000)
Hi. I have a ML430 W163 2000 model.
1. I can't open the vehicle with central locking.
2. I have to use the key to manually unlock all the doors.
3. The central locking does work when I lock the vehicle, but not for the front drivers side door which I have to lock manually.
4. The petrol/fuel flap does not open either. It only opens by manually depressing the vacuum suckshion which I can only get to by opening ip one of the back panels to get to it.
5. All doors (except drivers door) auto lock when driving the car from rest.

Do you know what it could be and where I can get the part for it?

Thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The door lock is electric and the motor could have failed, you will need to remove the door card to get to it, it cannot be a fuse as all 4 doors are on the same one

I can let you have the details of how to do it

OP
W

williajjc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc ML W163 (2000)
Which motor and how?

Hi Malcolm

What is the exact name of the motor so I can go out and buy one. Can you please send me that instructions on how to do it. Thanks. Do you know more or less what I can expect to pay for such a motor and if I can perhaps get one online?

Also. You seem to definitely know what your talking about. I'm also looking for a nicer set of headlamps for my 2000 model ML430. I came across the following but are not sure if they are good quality and if they will need to be adjusted fro right-hand driven vehicles such as mine.

http://www.**********************/m...ercedes-ml-w163-projector-headlights-123.html

Many thanks.

OP
W

williajjc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Merc ML W163 (2000)
The door lock is electric and the motor could have failed, you will need to remove the door card to get to it, it cannot be a fuse as all 4 doors are on the same one

I can let you have the details of how to do it
Hi Malcolm

What is the exact name of the motor so I can go out and buy one. Can you please send me that instructions on how to do it. Thanks. Do you know more or less what I can expect to pay for such a motor and if I can perhaps get one online?

Top Bottom